Audio Guide: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena
OverviewExperience magical realism with Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena audio guide. A historical, cultural and literary tour based on the life and work of "Gabo", the Nobel Prize winner, one of the most read authors in every language.Discover the city's mysteries with a mixture of reality and fiction through the words of this brilliant writer, with audios that evoke his life and the characters in his novels.The map with street names will guide you to each station and will help you enjoy the city and keep you located.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Fully narrated tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourGabriel Garcia Marquezs Cartagena is a walking audio tour of the Historic Center of Cartagena de Indias. In an exciting historical, cultural and literary journey, based on the Magical Realism of our Nobel Prize for Literature and the true stories of Gabos life in the city.
Through this audio tour, mysterious aspects of the city that have been transformed into imaginary stories in the works of this great writer are discovered. Cartagena in the literary universe of Gabo, gives us an extraordinary view of the importance of the city in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
The research, development and production of the Gabriel Garcia Marquezs Cartagena audio tour had the approval and support of the Gabriel Garca Mrquez Foundation for a New Iberoamerican Journalism, FNPI.
The tour last 3 hours and has a total of 35 stations, divided in 12 squares and 23 streets with stories inside the walled city. The customer selects the time to devote to this audio tour. Each station has individual narrations, so the selection of streets and squares can be selected freely because they are not interlaced.
Languages: Spanish, English, French, German and Italian.
- Content developed by historians specifically for Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena audio guide
- Voice over narration with music and sound effects
- 35 stations with support images that will help you identify the places being referenced
- Illustrated map of the Walled City with reference points
Schedule of tours: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and extended to groups of 10 or more.
Once reservation is confirmed, we deliver the equipment in the hotel where you are staying.
Inclusions for Audio Guide: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Audio Guide: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 18 years
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cartagena City Trolley Tour
- Bazurto Food Market Tour
- Sibarita Express Cartagena Harbor Cruise with 4 Course Dinner and Wine
- San Basilio de Palenque UNESCO World Heritage Site Daytrip: Africa in America
- Experience Cartagena Salsa Nightlife and fund a non profit: funwithapurpose
- An Unforgettable Sunset Sailing Evening
- Private Island Hopping Tour to Rosario Islands on a 34ft Speedboat
- Fishing Tour in Cartagena