OverviewVisit the World War II Auschwitz-Birkenau complex and learn about the Nazi Holocaust on this 7-hour trip from Krakow. Your host will pick you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel and take you by coach to the UNESCO World Heritage site in Owicim. Explore the two camps with a professional guide who will carefully, and sensitively explain everything that you can see at the site, including the barracks and poignant museum exhibits at Auschwitz I, as well as the gas chambers, watchtowers and moving memorials in Auschwitz II-Birkenau. You will learn about the history of the WWII holocaust and the liberation of Auschwitz in 1945, as well as hear individual stories of some of the camp's prisoners.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Editor's Pick
Know More about this tourMeet your host at your Krakow hotel or in central Krakow, and then travel by coach to the site of Auschwitz-Birkenau in Oświęcim, a small Polish town roughly an hour away. During the journey, you will be shown a documentary on the history of Auschwitz and the Holocaust.
When you arrive at your destination, you will be met by your professional guide and enter the site at Auschwitz I, walking through the gate to the camp that bears the inscription Arbeit Macht Frei (Work Sets You Free).
The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was established in 1940, originally to hold Polish political prisoners, and operated for five years before the remaining prisoners were liberated in 1945. During its operation, more than 1.5 million Jewish, Polish, Italian and French prisoners were brought here as part of one of the world's largest attempts at genocide.
The museum and memorial were founded in 1947, combining the area of KL Auschwitz (Auschwitz I) in Oświęcim and the Birkenau camp (Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka. The camp comprises approximately 150 buildings and you can see the original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps that have all been preserved.
Visit some of the barracks on the Auschwitz I complex, which now house a collection of original exhibitions and documents, as well as articles confiscated from prisoners upon their arrival at the camp. After exploring the Auschwitz I complex, your host will meet you to take you by coach for the short journey to nearby Birkenau (Auschwitz II) where your tour will continue. Here you will see the original fences and crematoriums as well as the remains of the colossal gas chambers.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off at your original start point.
Inclusions for Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum And Memorial Guided Tour From Krakow
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum And Memorial Guided Tour From Krakow
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 14 and under
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Breaks during the tour are no longer than 10 minutes
The service does not include a meal, so please bring a packed lunch
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour
- Krakow Old Town Walking Tour
- Kazimierz Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
- Taste Of Poland - Food Tour
- Krakow Sightseeing By Eco-Vehicle
- Dictatour Half Day Communism Guided Tour
- Small Group Markets And Flavours Of Krakow With An Authentic Polish Lunch
- Auschwitz Shared Group Tour From Krakow
- Polish Folklore Show And Dinner In Krakow
- Chopin Piano Concert At Chopin Gallery In Krakow