Get to know Austin by open-top, double-decker bus on this hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour. Stay on the bus for the whole route, or jump off and on at any of the six stops to visit museums or explore districts like SOCO in more depth. While on board, listen to live commentary about more than 20 city landmarks, such as the Governors Mansion, Historic 6th Street and the Paramount Theatre. The bus route starts at the Texas State Capitol three times a day at 2-hour intervals.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Know More about this tourThe hop-on hop-off tour route starts at the Texas State Capitol and departs three times a day, allowing you to choose a time that suits your schedule. You may board the London-style double-decker bus at any of the six stops to enjoy a sightseeing tour around Austin with live commentary from an onboard guide.
The bus stops for three minutes at the Bullock Texas State History Museum, LBJ (Lyndon B Johnson) Presidential Library, South Congress Avenue District (SOCO) and the Warehouse District. You can enjoy these quick photo ops and stay on the bus during the entire loop, which takes about 90 minutes, or hop off the bus at any of the stops if you want more time to explore on your own; you can then catch the next bus that comes along (see bus schedule below).
With a provided map, visit Austin’s noteworthy landmarks, shopping districts and museums (admission at own expense). When you're on board, take in the city’s skyline, Bremond historic homes, Lady Bird Lake, Driskill Hotel, Willie Nelson Statue, Governor’s Mansion and many more sights from the bus windows.
Hop-on hop-off bus schedule:
- Texas State Capitol: 10am, 12pm, 2pm
- Bullock Texas State History Museum: 10:15am, 12:15pm, 2:15 pm
- LBJ Presidential Library: 10:35am, 12:35pm, 2:35pm
- South of Congress Avenue District (SOCO): 11am, 1pm, 3pm
- Warehouse District: 11:15am, 1:15pm, 3:15pm
- Austin Visitor Center: 11:30am, 1:30am, 3:30pm
Inclusions for Austin Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Onboard assistance from a guide
- Tour map
Exclusions for Austin Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to any attractions or activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Subject to favorable weather conditions; if raining, tour may be postponed
Good walking shoes and raincoat are recommended