The hop-on hop-off tour route starts at the Texas State Capitol and departs three times a day, allowing you to choose a time that suits your schedule. You may board the London-style double-decker bus at any of the six stops to enjoy a sightseeing tour around Austin with live commentary from an onboard guide.
The bus stops for three minutes at the Bullock Texas State History Museum, LBJ (Lyndon B Johnson) Presidential Library, South Congress Avenue District (SOCO) and the Warehouse District. You can enjoy these quick photo ops and stay on the bus during the entire loop, which takes about 90 minutes, or hop off the bus at any of the stops if you want more time to explore on your own; you can then catch the next bus that comes along (see bus schedule below).
With a provided map, visit Austins noteworthy landmarks, shopping districts and museums (admission at own expense). When you're on board, take in the citys skyline, Bremond historic homes, Lady Bird Lake, Driskill Hotel, Willie Nelson Statue, Governors Mansion and many more sights from the bus windows.
Hop-on hop-off bus schedule:
- Texas State Capitol: 10am, 12pm, 2pm
- Bullock Texas State History Museum: 10:15am, 12:15pm, 2:15 pm
- LBJ Presidential Library: 10:35am, 12:35pm, 2:35pm
- South of Congress Avenue District (SOCO): 11am, 1pm, 3pm
- Warehouse District: 11:15am, 1:15pm, 3:15pm
- Austin Visitor Center: 11:30am, 1:30am, 3:30pm