Australian National Maritime Museum General Entry Ticket - Sydney
OverviewExplore one of the worlds top maritime museums at your leisure with a visit to the Australian National Maritime Museum, conveniently located in Sydneys Darling Harbour. The museums permanent and traveling exhibitions focus on different aspects of Australias maritime history as well as the beach culture of today. If you've chosen the Big Ticket, the kids will love exploring the four historic ships berthed outside, making this a great outing for all ages.
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the Australian National Maritime Museum and decide which exhibits you'd like to see. Choose between an all access (Big Ticket) providing access to everything open at the museum on the day of your visit including Action Stations, Tall Ships, permanent galleries, all temporary special exhibitions and Kids on Deck or a special exhibitions only ticket with access to the major temporary exhibitions and all permanent galleries.
Permanent galleries tell the story of Australias close ties to the sea. Start in galleries that display artifacts from the original Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander inhabitants, then continue through displays about the arrival of European explorers, immigration to Australia, and topics including sailing, naval defense, and modern-day surf culture.
As many as three special limited season exhibitions will be on display at the time of your visit. One of the highlights of a trip to this museum is the chance to visit Action Stations where you can step inside the immersive cinema, discover the exploration space filled with maritime, archaeology, science and history before climbing aboard and join a guided tour of three historic vessels. The submarine HMAS Onslow was part of the Royal Australian Navy fleet up until 1999, when it was decommissioned and transferred to the museum. The Navy destroyer HMAS Vampire represents the last of Australias big gun ships. The restored tall ship James Craig came back to life after a 30-year restoration project; it is one of only four 19th-century barques in the world still capable of sailing today.
See the HMB Endeavour, a replica of the ship that Captain James Cook sailed during his epic world voyage that brought him to Australia in 1770. On board, see what a sailors life was like during this 18th century voyage, considered one of history's greatest maritime adventures.
Just be prepared that you might not get to see everything. Depending on when you visit, some of the vessels may be away sailing or not be open to tour.
But that doesn't stop you from admiring smaller historical vessels from the dock, or joining a daily tour of the museum galleries. You can find information on all guided tour times at the main ticketing desk on the day of your visit.
Refuel with food and beverages available for purchase at the on-site cafe, which offers open-air seating that overlooks Darling Harbour. You can also bring a picnic lunch and eat on the museums terrace with waterside views.
Shackleton: Escape from Antarctica - Now open until 28 March 2016
A survival story for the ages, shows how Anglo-Irish adventurer Sir Ernest Shackleton saved all 28 of the men aboard the doomed ship Endurance, in what is described as 'the greatest survival story ever undertaken'.
Horrible Histories Pirates The Exhibition - Opens 16 December 2015
For the first time in Australia discover the life of a pirate in an interactive, hands-on exhibition especially for children 412 years of age.
Inclusions for Australian National Maritime Museum General Entry Ticket
- General admission ticket
- Access to all available attractions as per your chosen ticket
Exclusions for Australian National Maritime Museum General Entry Ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to the museum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rustic Art Deco Walking Tour through Chippendale and Redfern Including Lunch
- Private Tour: Sydney by Night
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
- Small-Group Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves Day Trip from Sydney
- Newtown and Enmore Street Art Walking Tour Including Craft Beer
- Private Tour: Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney Including Featherdale Wildlife Park