Authentic Embera Indian Village Tour - Panama City
OverviewThis tour was designed for you to step aboard a time machine and travel back more than 600 years; to a Central America only few have had the privilege of experiencing. More than a tour, this is a journey into the lives of the Ember Indian Tribe. A proud people, who have been able to maintain their traditions and lifestyle as it was before the Spaniards colonized the region.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Editor's Pick
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYour day will start with an 8:00 am pickup at your hotel, were you will be escorted to air-conditioned vehicle, where a knowledgeable guide will be awaiting to provide you with an overview of Panama on the your way to the jungles of the Central Region.
Your host will prepare you for the cultural feast you are about to experience by sharing the history and customs of the Ember Indians. These are the keepers of the Rainforest and Chagres River. When you arrive at the Chagres National Park, you will leave the comfort of your vehicle to board the dugout canoes that will take you to the Ember Village. Although not the most luxurious, these dug outs are sturdy and worthy craft which were critical in the conquering of the jungle and in establishing supply lifelines for both Indians and Spanish. After motoring up river, you will see the village emerge from the jungle as if by magic. Keep your eyes open along the way, as the region offers abundant wildlife that is particularly active along the rivers edge.
In the Village, the Chief will welcome you with traditional Ember hospitality. A series of dances have been arranged to add to this cultural exchange. Feel free to wonder the village, ask questions or interact with these quiet people. Please remember that we are guests in their home and a good measure of common sense and sensitivity towards their privacy is appreciated.
The Ember men and woman are spectacular craftsmen have produced some beautiful items, which will be available for purchase as souvenirs or keepsakes of this unique experience.
Inclusions for Authentic Embera Indian Village Tour
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Authentic Embera Indian Village Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to Anton Valley: Hiking, Hot Springs and Nispero Zoo
- Panama City Private Departure Transfer
- Sir Francis Drake Island Full-Day Scuba Diving Adventure
- Soberania National Park Day Trip from Panama City
- Parque Natural Metropolitano and Ancon Hill Tour from Panama City
- Metropolitan Natural Park Tour in Panama City
- Mi Pueblito and Ancon Hill Tour in Panam City
- Embera Reserve Tour from Panam City