Aveiro Half-Day Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
OverviewThis tour takes you to Aveiro considered by many as the "Venice of Portugal" which is famous for its large network of canals running through the city. In this Tour you will also take a cruise on a "moliceiro" boat (a traditional boat from this city) which will take you along the channels as you admire the city’s unique tile facades. You will also have the opportunity to see the colorful houses in Costa Nova. Aveiro has a rich and varied gastronomy, and the “soft eggs” - a very sweet desert are also one the main representations of Aveiro.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourStart your half-day tour early in the morning at 9am or in the afternoon, around 2pm.
Once Aveiro was a fishing village, where residents made their living from the river, the sea and salt production. In this tour to Aveiro you will visit the historical center, the Fish Market, have a panoramic view of the Stork nests and the Aveiro Salinas" which are a salt deposit. After visiting the historical center, board on a amazing hour cruise in the traditional boats named moliceiro decorated with motifs related to the local culture. After the cruise, enjoy a walk in Costa Nova neighborhood, between the borders of Aveiro and the sea. In this walking tour admire some of the old typical colored houses that will make you remind beach houses.
Don't miss this amazing opportunity to visit the "Venice of Portugal", explore the region, see the fabulous sights, board in a fantastic cruise in a wonderful boat!
The tour ends around 1pm (morning tour) or 6pm (afternoon tour).
Inclusions for Aveiro Half-Day Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- River cruise
Exclusions for Aveiro Half-Day Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions
Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to So Bento train station, Porto
Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Douro Valley Tour with visit and tasting at 2 Port wine farms and boat cruise
- Private Douro Valley visit, tasting at 2 Port wine farms,Lunch in DOC restaurant
- Private Transfer between Pvoa de Varzim or Vila do Conde and the Airport
- Turisbike Rent a e-Bike in Pvoa de Varzim e Vila do Conde
- Fantastic Soccer Tour with Dragon and Bessa Stadium (FCPorto and Boa Vista FC)
- Porto: Arrbida Bridge Climb Experience
- Rafting Experience on the River Tmega from Porto
- Porto Magic Train Tour and Port Wine Cellars