Aveiro Private Walking TourWrite a Review
OverviewOnce an important port city, linked to the codfish Northern Atlantic fishing and codfish conserving industries, Aveiro captures the essence of the "perfect picture" destination with its colorful typical boats - "Moliceiros" - natural lagoons, elegant 19th century architecture and traditional cobblestone sidewalks, this quiet city is a natural gem still uncovered by the mass tourism.
On this 5-hour private walking tour, your guide will show you some of the highlights of the city. Choose one of two departure times when you book. Meals are not included, however, your guide can provide suggestions for local restaurants.
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter meeting you at the main door of the old City Hall building at Praça da República at 9:30am or 2pm, your tour guide will lead you during a 30-minute walk, through the city's "must sees" starting by the old city center narrow streets, where you will be able to admire the typical architecture of this historical neighborhood, ending at the hidden gem Chapel of St. John Evangelist, which makes part of the 17th century Carmelite Convent, housing an impressive collection of gilded carvings and beautiful blue tiles decoration.
You then will be led to the 15th century Convent of Christ, which hosts the city's Museum, for a 1-hour private guided visit to admire the beautiful detailed Baroque motifs, the Manueline portals, Renaissance cloisters, and Mannerist chapels, along with learning about Aveiro's most beloved Princess - the devote St. Joana, Patroness of the city - who was canonized by the Catholic Church and joined this convent in 1472.
Back to the city's downtown, your short walk (about 15 minutes) proceeds to visit the traditional fish market and its typical fisherman quarter, where you will be tempted to sit at one of the typical restaurants to try the acclaimed fresh seafood, paired with the famous sparkling wine of Bairrada (the wine region of the "Portuguese champagne" production, where Aveiro sits), at lunch time.
A relaxing 45-minute trip in one of the typical boats ("Moliceiros") though the city's main waterways, while tasting the famous local egg pastries ("ovos moles") will end your tour. You will have than some free time to explore the city's iconic shopping center, the Forum, and stroll around on your own, before returning to the meeting place.
Inclusions for Aveiro Private Walking Tour
- Glass of champagne
- Private tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Aveiro Private Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (guide can give suggestions for local restaurants)
- Boat trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be older then 5 years old and must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
A maximum of 10 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Photos allowed except inside Aveiro Museum
Personal food (snacks) and drinks allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.