Aveiro Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro Cruise
OverviewDiscover Portugals answer to Venice the pretty coastal town of Aveiro on a half-day trip from Porto! Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then set out to explore the town with an expert guide. Soak up the charms of Aveiros town center on a walking tour, and then see the sights surrounding its canals from a traditional moliceiro boat. Before returning to Porto, visit the sandy white beach of Costa Nova and admire the colorful architecture of the areas charming old fishing houses.
- Hotel pickup included
- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave your central Porto hotel by luxury coach, and then travel south along the coast to Aveiro, an old fishing town on northern Portugals scenic Rota da Luz. Now a vibrant university town, Aveiro has retained its charming fishing port roots, and its myriad of canals and beautiful architecture attribute to its nickname the Venice of Portugal.
See its sights on a walking tour, admiring the attractive Art Nouveau homes that line Aveiros canals. Pass Museo de Aveiro, housed in a gorgeous Dominican convent, and then stop for photos by Aveiro Cathedral. As you walk, listen to tales about the towns history, from its days as a small Roman settlement to a thriving medieval seaport.
Finish your walking tour by a canal and hop aboard a moliceiro one of the brightly colored gondola-style boats that bob around the canals. Relax as your guide navigates, allowing you to sit back and admire Aveiros sights from the water during your 1-hour canal cruise.
Finish your cruise at Costa Nova, one of the town's beautiful sandy beaches, and enjoy some free time before returning to Porto. Admire the candy-colored fishing houses that line the beachfront, enjoy a snack in a caf (own expense), and then meet your guide at the pre-arranged time for your journey to Porto. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at the start point in central Porto.
Inclusions for Aveiro Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro Cruise
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Moliceiro cruise
Exclusions for Aveiro Tour From Porto Including Moliceiro Cruise
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.