Avignon, Les Baux De Provence And Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence - Aix-en-provence
OverviewVisit two stunning Provencal towns and a winery on this full-day tour from Aix-en-Provence! Start your day at leisure in Les Baux de Provence, admiring the soft-hued countryside that surrounds the cliff-top village, and then head north to Avignon, passing the UNESCO-listed Pont du Garde aqueduct on the way. Learn about Avignon’s papal history on a walking tour, seeing highlights like Popes’ Palace and Pont St-Bénezet, and then finish with a tour and wine-tasting session inside a Chteauneuf-du-Pape winery.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Aix-en-Provence and head by minibus to Les Baux de Provence. Perched atop of a craggy rock overlooking the countryside, this medieval village boasts views that have graced a thousand postcards, and is home to some impressive history, as well. Hear all about it from your guide as you travel, and then spend time at leisure in the village, soaking up its ambiance and perhaps paying a visit to its old fortress ruins (admission at your own expense).
Continue north by minibus and stop for photos by Pont du Gard, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed Roman aqueduct that once supplied the ancient city of Nimes with water. A short distance away is the city of Avignon, which youll visit next on a walking tour. Known as the City of Popes (Cit des Papes), Avignon was once home to a succession of 14th- and 15th-century French popes who lavished the city with grand architectural gestures. While exploring with your guide, see several such monuments, like the Pont St-Bnezet a striking medieval bridge and the impressive Popes Palace (Palais des Papes) which you can visit (own expense).
After a break for lunch in town (own expense), head to Chteauneuf-du-Pape village, in the heart of the countrys Rhne Valley. The name Chteauneuf-du-Pape also applies to the appellation (wine-making region) in which the village lies, and youll taste several of its famous wines on a tour of a wine estate here. See the vineyards and cellars while learning about the regions viniculture from your guide.
Having soaked up the delights of Chteauneuf-du-Pape, meet your guide for your journey back to Aix-en-Provence. Your tour finishes back at the start point in the early evening.
Inclusions for Avignon, Les Baux De Provence And Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Wine-tasting session
Exclusions for Avignon, Les Baux De Provence And Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Entrance fees: Les Baux de Provence fortress ruins and Popes' Palace
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Arles Passport with Transport from Aix-en-Provence
- Half-Day Small-Group Cassis Tour - Cliff and Calanques from Aix-en-Provence
- Arles, Saint-Rmy, Les Baux de Provence and Carrires de Lumires Day Trip from Aix en Provence
- Half-day Tour to Arles and Baux de Provence or Carrires de Lumires from Aix-en-Provence
- Private Provence Wine Tour with Tastings from Marseille