Avignon Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Entrance To The Pope's Palace
OverviewMarvel at magnificent medieval architecture on this 3-hour walking tour of Avignon, including skip-the-line entry to the Popes Palace. Explore the UNESCO World Heritagelisted city of Avignon, home to the Papacy and seat of western Christianity in the 14th century. Follow your guide along the historical city walls for breathtaking views over the Rhne River. Beat the queues and enjoy swift access to the chambers and chapels of the Popes Palace. Admire 19th-century architecture in the beautiful Place de lHorloge and finish with a glass of Ctes du Rhne wine.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the morning near the Popes Palace in central Avignon, and set off on your walking tour of the citys UNESCO-listed center. Home to the Papacy and the seat of western Christianity in the early 14th century, Avignon is widely considered among the most beautiful cities in the south of France.
Wander along the medieval streets and passageways with your guide and gain insight into the citys fascinating history. Climb to the top of the ancient city walls and take in magnificent panoramic views of Avignon stretching along the banks of the mighty Rhne River.
Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Popes Palace, one of the largest Gothic-style palaces in Europe. Spend around an hour exploring the maze of galleries, chambers and chapels with your guide, and learn how life played out here during the medieval period.
Continue along Avignons cobbled streets to the Place de lHorloge the main town square. See city highlights such as the theater and the 19th-century city hall, and admire the clock tower for which the square is famous.
Conclude your tour in style with a with a glass of Ctes du Rhne wine in a historical local hostelry. After three hours exploring the heart of ancient Avignon, your walking tour comes to an end in central Avignon.
Inclusions for Avignon Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Entrance To The Pope's Palace
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Pope's Palace
- 1 glass of Ctes du Rhne wine
Exclusions for Avignon Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Entrance To The Pope's Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not suitable for children under 4 years old
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
There are a series of steps to climb to reach the Pope's Palace
Anyone under 18 will not be served wine at the end of the tour
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Day Avignon Private Tour of Pope's Palace and Chateauneuf du Pape from Nice
- Small-Group Luberon Day Trip from Avignon Including Roussillon Ochre Trail Hiking and Provenal Wine Tasting
- Lavender and Villages in Provence Small Group Day Trip
- Avignon and Provence Independent City Tour
- Private Day Trip to Arles, Les Baux-de-Provence and Saint-Remy-de-Provence from Avignon
- Small-Group Arles, Camargue and Aigues-Mortes Day Trip from Avignon