Ayurveda And Backwaters Of Kerala - Kochi
OverviewExplore and walk through the mystical beauty of Kerala’s backwaters with this tour that offers you the best of Kerala. Enjoy a traditional lunch with a local host family and soak in the beauty of rice paddies and learn about local vegetation. Conclude your tour with a refreshing Ayurvedic massage to rejuvenate your body and soul.
- Explore the world renown Kerala Backwaters.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch with a local host family.
- Walk through rice paddies and learn about local vegetation.
- Experience the rich local culture and customs of Kerala.
- Enjoy an Ayurvedic massage to replenish your body.
Know More about this tour
Selected by National Geographic Traveler as one of the ten ‘Paradises Found”, Kerala is a place of diverse geography, overwhelming greenery, and unique beauty. In particular, the Kerala backwaters are known for being one of the biggest jewels in the crown of Kerala. Spend your day with a local guide and set off on a journey out of Kochi and into stunning Kerala. The 2.5 hour journey to Kerala is a photographer’s dream. To travel through the waters you'll be on a canoe, gliding through the local fishing villages. Along the way you'll learn all about the backwaters as an integral part of life in Kerala, as well as local village life, culture, customs, and even fruits and vegetables that grow here. Upon arrival in Kerala, you’ll be warmly welcomed into the home of a local family. With a traditional cup of chai tea and a local lunch in preparation, you’ll have the opportunity to converse with the local family and learn more about their lives. Upon your return to Kochi, you’ll get to relax and refresh with a traditional Ayurvedic massage, a great way to end this wonderful local Kochi tour. There may even be the opportunity to have a free consultation with a doctor here, subject to availability. A truly local experience, this Kerala tour is a perfect day tour from Kochi, and a great way to experience the culture and natural beauty of the Kerala backwaters and see what this Ayurvedic massage is all about.
1) Standard Dress
Dress standards are conservative through out Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Inclusions for Ayurveda And Backwaters Of Kerala
- Local English speaking guide.
- Transportation as indicated.
- Ayurvedic massage
Exclusions for Ayurveda And Backwaters Of Kerala
- Items of personal nature.
- Tips / gratitude for drivers or guide.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.