Ayutthaya Historical Park Bike Ride - BangkokWrite a Review
OverviewAn easy day ride, this tour reveals the historic treasures of Thailand. From the impressive ruins of Ayutthaya to the grandiose summer palace of the kings, this bike trip takes you off the beaten path and onto the local trails through authentic Thailand. After a short transfer from your Bangkok hotel, we'll take to bikes to explore the ruins of the impressive Ayutthaya Historical Park, ancient city's walls and Wat Phra Mahatat.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourTowering chedis amidst crumbling ruins create the ancient city of Ayutthaya. Situated just north of Bangkok, Ayutthaya once claimed Thailand's capital, but that governance ended abruptly in 1767 when the city was sacked by Burmese invaders. Despite destruction, the ruins emanate the city's prior dominance, beauty, and rich history.
First, we'll see Wat Yai Chaimongkol and its towering chedi, one so large that it presently is sinking. Then, biking through the ancient city's walls, we'll visit Wat Phra Mahatat, the symbolic heart of the old city now famed for the picturesque tree roots that ensnarl its imbedded Buddha relic. Fruitful jujube trees still surround the Old Royal Palace, our next stop. From there we'll have time to continue exploring these precarious, precious structures, including the prominent Wat Chaiwattanaram.
Continuing our tour, we escape into the Thai countryside on back roads that parallel the Chao Phraya River. We'll ride through quaint villages until our trail meets a river ferry. After crossing, we lunch at the riverside restaurant there.
It's back on the bikes then for a visit to Wat Niwet Thamapra, a unique gothic-style temple erected on a river island. From there, it's a short walk to the Thai kings' grandiose summer palace.
A pleasant ride with rich cultural interest, this tour is great for the sightseer, as well as families.
Inclusions for Ayutthaya Historical Park Bike Ride
- Entrance fees
- Historic Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Ayutthaya Historical Park Bike Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.