Azeitao: Wine Experience Guided Tour From Lisbon
OverviewAzeitão is the one of the most important region, producing quality wines, of Portugal. It has many sub regions called “denominations” that are great to visit, regions that have the status of DOCG (a geographical region with a regulated wine production). Most regions in Azeitão specialize in reds and “Moscatel” often using the same grape variety. Enjoy a very unique and carefully designed tour of this region and make the best of your stay in Portugal.
- Family friendly
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Ideal choice for families
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe first stop is in the José Maria da Fonseca cellars, a 100% family-owned company, managed by the 6th generation and leader in the areas of production and marketing of table wines and generous in Portugal. Being JMF the oldest producer of Setúbal Muscat, there is no better place for a taste of this unique wine of exemplary quality. This tasting includes the visit to the secular house museum of the cellars, founded in 1834.
The second stop is, not far away, in Quinta da Bacalhoa, one of the farms where it was implemented the project with the theme “Art, Wine, Passion” which aims to surprise the expectations of the most demanding and curious consumers. Bacalhôa Portugal Wines, SA, one of the largest and most innovative wineries in Portugal, developed over the years a wide range of wines earning a solid reputation and the preference of domestic and international consumers alike. Includes a visit to the Bacalhôa Palace where you can admire a priceless art collection, a visit to the Quinta da Bassaqueira as well as the traditional wine tasting.
Then head to the fantastic Arrábida mountains where you will enjoy the amazing view of the calm, crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
You will make a short stop in Setúbal and we will continue to Palmela to visit the Quinta do Piloto. Quinta do Piloto comes from a selection of family vineyards in the best terroirs of Palmela.
The next stop will be the wine producer Venncio Costa Lima, one of the oldest wineries in the Palmela region, which started activity in 1914. Being a family business, this winery is now on its fourth generation. This winery produces some famous wines, ranging from Table Wines up to Demarcated Wines (with Designation of Origin). Here you will have the opportunity to sample typical regional products in addition to the traditional wine tastings.
Conclude your tour back in your centrally located hotel or port.
Inclusions for Azeitao: Wine Experience Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Azeitao: Wine Experience Guided Tour From Lisbon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 9 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora