Badlands Standard Tour - Rapid City
OverviewYou will be taken to one of the most unique National Parks in America, the Badlands. The North Unit of the park provides magnificent views of the serrated spires, weather-beaten buttes, and multi-colored cavernous gorges.It's home to a diverse variety of vegetationand wildlife; prairie dogs, coyote, deer, and antelope. You will also stop at the Ben Riefel Center, which is a museum, the Wall Drug Store, famous old tourist trap that is worth the stop, and you'll visit the newest exhibit at theMinuteman NationalHistoric Site. Remember, 'Duck and Cover.' This tour uses full size vans and comfortable SUV's. There is also free pickup at your hotel at 9am with a return at 4pm.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All-inclusive tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourThe Badlands tour begins in the morning withpickup at your Rapid City hotel.If you selected a standard, small-group tour of the North Unit Scenic Byway, you'll travel with a maximum of eight participantsin a 14-passenger van. Duringthe 1-hourdrive to Badlands NationalPark,listenas your guide discusses the history of the Badlands and answers any questions you have.
At the entrance to the park, you'll stop for photos and views at the majestic Pinnacles Overlook. Then your guide drivesthe Loop, stopping at several more overlooks on your way to the Ben ReifelVisitor Center. Here, you'll stop for a picnic lunch and have achance to visit the museum before continuing on the Loop to Cedar Pass. At Cedar Pass, you will have the option to walk the short Window and Door trails.
Exiting the park, you'll continue fora few miles to the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site and Information Center. Be prepared to revisit 1962 and the Cold War, including routine 'duck and cover' drills.
The final stop will be at theWall Drug Store, a unique tourist attraction that offers shopping for anything you may think of, including 5-cent coffee and excellent doughnuts. You will be returned to your hotelin the afternoon.
Inclusions for Badlands Standard Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
Exclusions for Badlands Standard Tour
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 14 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.