OverviewExplore ancient capital, Bago on this day trip from Yangon. Witness the best of Bago’s architectures and cultural highlights with our professional English speaking guide. We will share stories about a monk’s life in Kyakhatwine Monastery and the history of the tallest pagoda: Shwemawdaw Pagoda. This day trip includes a visit to the Allied War Cementery in Taukkyan as well as a delicious lunch.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOur driver and professional guide will pick you up from your hotel in Yangon around 8am and depart to Bago. It is located 50 miles (80km) north-east of Yangon, and we will take around 2 hour drive to arrive. With a high density of treasure-filled temples and golden Buddha’s, Bago is a great excursion from the bustling streets of Yangon.
Bago, formerly known as Hanthawaddy, is a city and the capital of the Bago Region in Burma.
Upon arrival, we visit Kyakhatwine Monastery, an eminent teaching center for hundreds of monks from neighboring regions and the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, 374 feet (114m) tall, higher than Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon. Credited with being the tallest pagoda in Myanmar and the most outstanding religious monument. Although it has been through many renovations due to several earthquakes, some of the original structure, from the 10th century is still present today.
You will also see the 180 feet (55m) long Shwe Thal Yaung reclining Buddha, which was lost for hundreds of years, before being rediscovered by the British, during their rule.
We continue our tour to the four seated Buddhas at Kyaikpun Pagoda and the site of Kanbawzathadi Palace. We then visit to town market and experience a Mon weaving village.
On the way back to Yangon, we will stop at the Allied War Cemetery in Taukkyan - final resting place of thousands of Allied Soldiers who perished during the World War II campaign in Myanmar.
Lunch is included in this tour and our driver will transfer you back to you hotel safely after the tour end around 5pm.
Inclusions for Bago Day Trip From Yangon
- Entrance fee
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
Exclusions for Bago Day Trip From Yangon
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress Code: Please dress conservatively, covering shoulders and knees
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.