Bago Day Trip From Yangon
OverviewExplore ancient capital, Bago on this day trip from Yangon. Witness the best of Bago’s architectures and cultural highlights with our professional English speaking guide. We will share stories about a monk’s life in Kyakhatwine Monastery and the history of the tallest pagoda: Shwemawdaw Pagoda. This day trip includes a visit to the Allied War Cementery in Taukkyan as well as a delicious lunch.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
The Tour: Bago Day Tour
An excursion out of Yangon to Bago leaving at 8:30 am taking approximately 1 1/2 hours North of the city. Formerly known as Pegu, it is one of Myanmars many ancient capitals and is a real treat for those who want to experience the look and feel of a forgotten era plus take a break from the bustling streets of Yangon. It has a high density of treasure-filled temples and golden Buddhas and amongst them you will find the famous Shwe Man Daw Pagoda, credited with being the tallest pagoda in Myanmar. Although it has been through many renovations due to several earthquakes, some of the original structure, from the 10th century, is still present today. You will also see Shwe Thal Yaung reclining Buddha, amazingly lost for hundreds of years before being discovered by an English railway contractor in 1881.
Bago Marketis definitely worth a stop, even if you are not going to buy anything as walking through here you will see fresh fruits, vegetables, spices and other local products being sold. Lunch will be provided at a local restaurant and your informative guide will be accompany you throughout the day to make sure you dont miss a thing, before your return journey back to your Yangon hotel.
Inclusions for Bago Day Trip From Yangon
- Transport by climate-controlled car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (Bago zone fee)
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottle of water per person
- Government tax
Exclusions for Bago Day Trip From Yangon
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
During festivals, crowds and queuing may be experienced
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 % cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 % cancellation fee.
Know Before You Go
The itinerary may be changed due to weather, un-foreseen building closures, tidal and other operating conditions
Special request (diet or vegetarian ) should be sent prior to your departure date.
Print your voucher: find the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail and show this voucher to your guide at tour commencement.
Please be on time for the pick-up at your hotel.
No Shorts or T-shirts appropriate clothing for religious sites must be worn.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Yangon Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Private: Legendary Golden Rock Pagoda Trip from Yangon
- Half-Day Amazing Yangon Tour Including Circular Train Ride
- Half-Day Traditional Market Tour by Yangon Circular Train
- Private Thanlyin Cultural Day Tour from Yangon
- 3-Day Yangon Tour Includes Airport Pickup
- Half-Day Private City Tour of Yangon
- Private Half-Day Tour: Evening Charms of Yangon