Baku Full Day Private Sightseeing Tour
OverviewEnjoy sightseeing in Baku, fabulous Azerbaijans capital, and admire its UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Baku is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia. It is South Caucasus largest and most cosmopolitan metropolis. In Baku you can feel the fusion of eras and cultures and meet the architectural monuments of various international schools of architecture. Azerbaijans ancient and mystical past meets modern design and architecture in the capital. Experience the excitement of this vibrant city and soak up the atmosphere of Bakus amazing Old Town. A visit to Baku will definitely be an adventure to remember!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Family friendly
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour experienced and friendly guide will pick you up at your hotel. Get an early start to take in Azerbaijans capital, Baku. Begin touring with a visit to the beautiful Bibi-Heybat Mosque, originally constructed in the 13th century in honor of the sister of Imam Ali. Today, it sits near one of Azerbaijans first oil fields, which grew during the first oil boom in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
You will continue with a walking tour of the city center, the Old Town, also known as Icheri Shere, and visit to the Fountain Square. The Old Town used to be a whole town is UNESCO listed and is the best place to picture its history. It is completely encircled by the old city walls with their medieval gates. The winding streets and alleyways are home to private homes, mosques and madrassahs, carpet merchants and small shops. Take some time to stroll about Fountain Square and the adjacent square. The square is a pedestrian plaza, a place to sit and relax, and a great vantage point from which to people-watch.
Enjoy a tasty national cuisine lunch at one of the best local restaurants and examine the surrounding architecture.
After your lunch break, the tour will continue to Villa Petrolea, the Nobel Brothers Museum. The history of Bakus oil boom is inextricably bound up with the Nobel family, including Alfred, the man who established the Nobel Prizes. About 12% of the money he used to fund prizes came from Alfred's interest in the Branobel Oil Company, founded by siblings in 1876. Villa Petrolea is where the Nobel brothers lived, built on the border of the "White City," the residential section, and the "Black City," the industrial section of Baku. Using ships that took away the oil, fertile soil was imported and used to create landscaped gardens around the Villa. Admire the creative colors and bold designs of Azeri, Caucasian and Iranian carpets on display at the State Museum of Azerbaijani Carpets and Applied Folk Art. The carpets date as far back as the 16th century. The tour ends with a drop off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Baku Full Day Private Sightseeing Tour
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Baku Full Day Private Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.