Balboa Park Highlights Small-Group Walking Tour - San Diego
OverviewSan Diegos quintessential green space, the sprawling and historic Balboa Park has something for everyone, from gardens and walking paths to museums, theaters, and even the San Diego Zoo. A National Historic Landmark, Balboa Park is simply unmissable and this 2.5-hour, small-group walking tour will ensure you see all the highlights.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
Spanning 1,200 acres, Balboa Park isnt just San Diegos primarypublic recreational park its also one of the oldest in the country. On this 2.5-hour walking tour, youll explore Balboa Parks highlights in a small group. Meet your guide at Sefton Plaza at 10am, and embark on a lively adventure: youll enjoy a full overview of the park, and learn all about its rich history.
The tour begins at the California Tower: a tower and museum built for the 1915 Panama-California Exposition, and now a San Diego landmark. Next up, youll visit the adjacent Alcazar Garden, which was named for (and inspired by) the Alcazar Castle gardens in Seville, Spain. Its vibrant flowers and pretty fountains make it one of the parks highlights.
Next, youll visit The Old Globe, which is a copy of the Globe Theater in London, and home to a Tony Award-winning theatrical group. After that, head to the Botanical Building, a perfectly green oasis thats home to more than 2,100 plants.
And that isnt all: youll also stroll throughout the heart of the Prado, visit the Spanish Village Art Center and Natural History Museum, swing by the sunken Zoro Garden, wander past the San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and finally conclude at the Plaza de Panama.
Before the 2.5-hour comes to a close, your guide will give you directions to the Balboa Park Visitors Center, give you tips on where to grab a bite in the area, and otherwise recommend further attractions within the park.
Inclusions for Balboa Park Highlights Small-Group Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Balboa Park Highlights Small-Group Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Gratuities (optional)
- Museum entrance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes, and take current weather conditions into consideration
The tour does not include museum access, though the guide can provide tips and information on visiting Balboa Park's museums
This is a family-friendly tour
This small-group tour requires a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Diego Surf Lessons
- Brothels, Bites and Booze: A Culinary Tour of San Diego's Questionable Past
- Private Departure Transfer: San Diego Hotels to San Diego International Airport by Sedan
- Flyboard Lessons in San Diego
- Private Customizable Night Tour of San Diego
- San Diego Round-Trip Theme Park Transport: SeaWorld San Diego