Bali Day Trip Of Barong Dance Show, Mas Village And Tirta Empul Temple
OverviewYour day will start with the famous Barong and Kris Dance show. Barong is a character in the Bali mythology who is the king of the spirit and the leader of the hosts of good. Following by going to Celuk the center of gold and silversmiths, experiencing the wood carvings, visiting the Tirta Empul Temple and an art gallery in Ubud.You have the option of choosing this as a private tour only for your group or a joint tour.
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
The outer corners of Balis natural and artistic landscape will be explored during this day trip; there is really no shortage in what lies ahead when youre highly interested in the various arts and performance. From the moment you leave the premises of your resort, youll enter a world where nature and art dominate the scenery.
Begin the day at a local theater to watch the famous Barong and Kris dance show. Barong is a character in the Bali mythology, who is the king of the spirit and the leader of the hosts of good. The dance describes the eternal struggle between good (Barong) and evil (Rangda) spirits, accompanied by a Gamelan orchestra, playing the traditional music of Bali and Java. After the dance you will proceed to Celuk, the center of gold and silversmiths. The gold and silver items are of high quality and feature unique designs as the craftsmen are known for their skills and industriousness.
Next, travel to the town of Mas. This village of art has always been the center of wood carving. All the small stores and factories have an open working area where you can see the skilled craftsmen making wood products like masks, tables, chairs or statues. The craftsmen work with different kind of wood such as banyan or palm. The holy spring of Tirta Empul will be the next stop with its large shrine to honor God Indra. The bathing pools are believed to have strong curative powers and one still can find devout believer bathing for good fortune and washing away the sins.
You will reach the top of Kintamani, which has breathtaking views over the caldera lake of Danau Batur. Here, a local lunch will be served and you will have ample time to enjoy the view over the natural beauty of the Island of Gods. Via a scenic road down, you will pass the Tegallalang region, famous for its rice paddy fields as far as the eye can see, mixed with coconut trees. The heart of art of course cannot be skipped Ubuds vast collection of galleries that both focus on the traditional as well on the contemporary always will have something of interest for any visitor. Finally, an art tour is not complete with seeing the finer art of batik; Tohpati village is where you can see a demonstration of the batik process from ground material to end result.
End the day by being transferred in comfort back to your hotel in either southern Bali or in Ubud.
Inclusions for Bali Day Trip Of Barong Dance Show, Mas Village And Tirta Empul Temple
- Private tour (if option is selected)
- English speaking guide
- Transfers from select beaches and regions only (Southern Bali and Ubud area)
- All entrance fees and activities, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees
Exclusions for Bali Day Trip Of Barong Dance Show, Mas Village And Tirta Empul Temple
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast and / or dinner), drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in Bali
- Beverages during lunch
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and Ubud
- Supplements also apply for customers arriving and departing from any harbor on the island and/or Bali International Airport
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Please note this tour pick up location is only for guests staying in the Southern Bali and Ubud area
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity