OverviewHead to the mountains of Kintamani to view the volcano of Mt Batur and its beautiful surroundings. Youll get to know some of Balis best cultural sites and natural landscapes on a full-day tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Observe how the instruments of a gamelan are made, find sarcophagi on display at the Archeological Museum and take in the vista of glimmering Lake Batur. Learn about local customs as you visit several villages, including Sri Batu and Penglipuran. Round-trip hotel transport plus afternoon tea are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Meet your professional guide upon pickup at your hotel for your full-day sightseeing tour of Bali. Hop aboard your comfortable coach, which stops at each site for approximately 30-45 minutes.
Your first stop is the village of Blahbatuh, home to Bali’s only surviving gong-smith, who is an expert at casting bronze to make Balinese musical instruments. At a factory, watch the fascinating process of creating an entire gamelan orchestra — from large gongs to tiny bells. Your guide will describe the ancient method of casting metal components of the xylophone-like instruments for each gamelan.
Next, your guide will take you on a tour of the Archaeological Museum, also known as the Gedung Arca Museum. Located in Bedulu Village, approximately 4 miles (7 km) from Ubud and 18 miles (30 km) from Denpasar, the museum displays historical and pre-historical collections dating back to the Stone Age. You’ll see bronze bells used as religious tools in the 15th century and view huge stone sarcophagi — ancient royal coffins dating back to 500 BC.
Continue to the plantation village of Sri Batu and explore the garden on foot. Your guide points out various plants being harvested and explains their culinary or medicinal uses. Here, you'll have the opportunity to purchase a range of eastern spices, cloves, coffee and tropical fruit.
In the cool mountains of Kintamani, take in the views of Mt Batur. Black lava runs from the peak of this active volcano to the valley floor, where the shimmering Lake Batur — Bali’s widest lake — lies at its base. Stop here for a delicious lunch (own expense), served in a local restaurant offering an Indonesian buffet and magnificent vistas. Marvel at the crescent-shaped lake, surrounded by the steep walls of the crater rim where the original Mt Batur erupted tens of thousands of years ago.
After lunch, make your way to the traditional village of Penglipuran. Wander with your guide through a bamboo plantation, and learn about the ancient beliefs and unique customs the locals maintain. Finally, head to Bukit Jati, located in Gulingan village, where you’ll partake in afternoon tea and coffee, served as you enjoy views of the rice fields and the blue sea beyond.
Inclusions for Bali Highlights Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Afternoon tea or coffee
Exclusions for Bali Highlights Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.