OverviewWork with the local farmers to their rice fields, where you will learn how to plant, transplant or harvest rice.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
In the morning, drive from your hotel to Tunjuk village to experience local Balinese life while in the same time you will supporting a community based tourism project. Upon arrival in Tunjuk village, a short visit to an elementary school (closed on weekends and public holiday) before join in to the village home base.
Walk with the local farmers to their rice fields, where you will learn how to plant, transplants or harvest rice (depending on season ). You may also have the opportunity to ride cows or buffalos, Balinese called it as Metekap. Metekap is a traditional ways to process the rice field before plant the rice using a traditional tool with a pair of cow or buffalo. Nowadays, metekap in traditional way rarely found as farmer mostly uses a machine to ploughing.
Next, walk around the beautiful rice fields to observe the daily activities of the village. Near to the rice field you’ll visit other smaller plantations where you will see locals will demonstrate their ability to climb up the coconut trees and gather young coconuts for some refreshment.
Afterward, return to the home base where you will observe the boiling of cassava in the traditional kitchen before enjoying a delicious lunch at the farm.
Continue heading north through a small wreck road to reach Jatiliuih village. Along the way your eyes are pampered with alluring scenery. Upon arrival at Jatiluih it is the highlight, a spacious fascinated rice terrace in Bali. You will be driven back to your hotel afterwards.
Inclusions for Balinese Daily Life Tour: Live Like A Farmer
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Balinese Daily Life Tour: Live Like A Farmer
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum of 2 paying adults are required (including for child)
Languages other than English will be subject to availability
No refund will be made if guests are not taking certain service(s) included in the package
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.