Ballarat And Sovereign Hill Gold Mining Town Day Trip From Melbourne
OverviewStep back in time to the 1850s in Sovereign Hill, Ballarat, Victoria where people from all around the world travel to try their luck at finding gold and making it rich. This is a fun day out for the whole family as you have hours at leisure to explore Sovereign Hill and all it's fun and interesting activities to help understand and learn how life was back in the "Gold Rush". Your ticket also includes entry to the Red Hill Mine tour and also the impressive collections at the Gold Museum.
- Ideal choice for families
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Popular choice with kids
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourA fun day out to Sovereign Hill for people of all ages! Enjoy a sightseeing coach tour around Ballarat, learn about the history of the area and marvel at it's beautiful old architecture. Travel to the site of the Eureka Stockade where the 1854 Miner's Rebellion was held.
Arrive at Sovereign Hill, a recreation of a typical gold mining town from the 1850s and enjoy hours of free time to experience and explore this interactive place. There are many activities for those of all ages:
- Gold panning at Red Gully Creek
- See blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen at work. Perhaps create your own candle
- You must try some of their famous homemade boiled lollies!
- Try award winning pies and sausage rolls at the New York Bakery
- Buy souvenirs and homewares at the General Store
- Visit the Chinese Village
- Watch the Giant Crushing Battery
- Ride on a stagecoach
- Watch and pose for a photo with the locals dressed in clothing from the era. Even see kids at school just like in those days
Inclusions for Ballarat And Sovereign Hill Gold Mining Town Day Trip From Melbourne
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach and free Wi-Fi on board coach
Exclusions for Ballarat And Sovereign Hill Gold Mining Town Day Trip From Melbourne
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately with comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Phillip Island Little Penguins Parade Evening Tour
- Yarra Valley Balloon Flight at Sunrise
- Melbourne Combo: Sightseeing Tour with Phillip Island Penguins and the Great Ocean Road Day Trip from Melbourne
- Champion Racehorse Tour with Beer and Wine Tasting
- Boutique Mornington Peninsula Strawberry Farm Chocolate and Winery Tour with Eureka Skydeck Edge Experience Admission
- Half-Day Melbourne City Laneways and Arcades Tour with Queen Victoria Market From Melbourne