Balmain Pub Walking Tour - Sydney
OverviewVisit Sydney's most famous 'puburb' on the Balmain Pub Walk. This 3 hour small group historical walking tour visits four iconic Balmain pubs, stopping for a drink in each. Step away from the tourist crowds and get some local stories with a local flavour.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBalmain is Sydney's most famous 'pub-urb' as it has the highest pub to people ratio in Australia.
Balmain has been the home of duelling colonists, escaped convicts, gangsters and football players that can’t be killed. Combine all of them in the place that has more pubs per person than anywhere else in Australia and you've got a recipe for some of the most colourful local history in the country.
The pubs here have seen it all, convicts, movie stars, gangsters, Olympians and even been the birthplace of a major political party.
This 3 hour tour walking weaves through the streets and stories of Balmain visiting 4 of its most iconic pubs where you can enjoy a choice of craft beer or wine in each.
Tour highlights include:
- Balmain's Oldest Pub
- The Watch House
- Escape from Cockatoo island
- Balmain gangsters
- The Balmain Tigers' 'Team of the Penitentiary'
- Duelling colonists
- The murderous confectioner
- The hidden treasure of Australia's most audacious robbery
- and many more tales of murder, vice and intrigue
Inclusions for Balmain Pub Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Balmain Pub Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Blue Mountains Day Trip Including Sydney Olympic Park, Featherdale Wildlife Park and Scenic World
- Small-Group Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney Including Featherdale Wildlife Park, Wentworth Falls, and Leura Cascades
- Sydney Airport Arrival Shuttle to Sydney CBD, North Sydney and White Bay Cruise Terminal
- Surry Hills Design, Fashion and Food Walking Tour
- Sydney Harbour Jet Boat Thrill Ride: 30 Minutes
- Sydney Bike Tours