From USD 41.9
OverviewTaste and tour of one of the oldest traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena DOP and balsamic vinegar of Modena IGP producer. Thetour starts with a tour of the vineyards around the company and we see all the productions from the grapes to the final products. You will then taste balsamic vinegar from 3 to 100 years old. Welcome to the world of top quality balsamic vinegar.
- Small-group tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe visit will take place in Italian or English and will be led by the owner of the company. The visit starts with the explanation of the vineyards, which you will see all around. The vineyards are for the production of balsamic vinegar and wine production of Lambrusco grasparossa castelvetro.
You will then see all the processing phases, from the pressing of the grapes, the wort boiling cooked inside the boiler, to the filtration and mixing. Continue until inside the acetaia where the vinegar begins its ageing step within the wooden barrels of different types of wood and different sizes. Here, vinegar has been ageing throughout 7 generations, and now you will see the historical vinegar factory, dating back to 1860.
You will also have the opportunity to taste the 'young' balsamic vinegars, produced for use on vegetables, salad and daily use, to more 'aged' vinegars, for use on meat and fish, to enhance the flavor of more refined dishes. Then we get to the tasting of the 'Extravecchi' (very old), that have been ageing from a minimum of 12 years up to the reserves of the family of over one hundred years of ageing.
You will have the opportunity to stop for lunch or dinner, should you wish and taste some typical dishes. At the end of the meal you will be offered Grasparossa Lambrusco, a wine produced on site. You may also purchase some products to take home.
Inclusions for Balsamic Vinegar Tour Of The Oldest Balsamic Vinegar Company In Modena
- Food tasting
- Lunch or Dinner if option selected
- Local guide
Exclusions for Balsamic Vinegar Tour Of The Oldest Balsamic Vinegar Company In Modena
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.