Banff Via Ferrata Climbing Adventure
OverviewTap into your sense of adventure in Banff, Alberta, with the Via Ferrata experience, an activity that lets you climb to unprecedented heights. Via ferrata is Italian for iron road, and Banffs Via Ferrata is just that: a protected climbing route that allows novice and expert climbers alike to ascend a mountain by way of a steel cable that is fixed to the rock. And scenic Banff is the perfect place to try this technique. This is a fun, safe and adventurous way to get out of your comfort zone and experience the thrill of the mountains.
Know More about this tourTravel to Mt Norquay to meet your certified guide, who will teach you all about this exciting activity and how to experience it safely. Learn how to use your equipment and get ready for the experience of a lifetime, set in beautiful Banff National Park, along the Rockies of Alberta.
As you begin your ascent up the mountain above the Mt. Norquay ski area, take a moment to admire the stunning scenery: Albertas sawtooth mountains jut into the blue sky while trees populate the lower foothills. Channel your inner thrill seeker as you continue upward, guided by a series of cables and ladders and a suspension bridge that makes what would otherwise be an arduous journey into a safe adventure. At the end of your climb, enjoy the relaxing ride back to your hotel.
Choose from two routes:
The Explorer Route This will give you a 2.5-hour introduction to this adrenaline-fueled activity, including an introduction to the equipment. Then youll venture along some of the lower pitches and across the scenic suspension bridge.
The Ridgewalker Route This 4-hour tour is great for adventurers who want to take their experience further, on a 4-hour tour. Tackle vertical drops, conquer spectacular overlooks and cross the suspension bridge.
Please note: No climbing experience is necessary, but it is recommended that you be physically fit enough to climb a ladder.
Inclusions for Banff Via Ferrata Climbing Adventure
- Necessary equipment - harnesses, helmets, Via Ferrata leashes
- Chairlift ride to access the Via Ferrata
Exclusions for Banff Via Ferrata Climbing Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Participants need to be at least 12 years old
Minimum weight is 35 kg (77 lbs)
Maximum weight is 140 kg (308 lbs)
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Participants should bring all weather outerwear suitable for outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion including: Weatherproof shell pant or soft shell pant, warm layer(s), sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snack, small backpack, hiking boots.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Hike in the Rocky Mountains
- Private Departure Transfer: Banff to Calgary International Airport
- Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff
- Banff Performance Ski Rental Including Delivery
- Kicking Horse River Rafting Family Adventure Including BBQ Lunch
- Winter Tour: Banff and its Wildlife
- Banff Performance Snowboard Rental Including Delivery