OverviewAfter your cruise ship docks in the port of Bangkok, embark on a private shore excursion to the magnificent Grand Palace and visit four spectacular Buddhist temples. Youll be awed by the stunning beauty of Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), Wat Traimit (Temple of the Golden Buddha), Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) and Wat Benchamabophit (the Marble Temple). Your full-day city sightseeing tour by private vehicle includes lunch and commentary by an expert local guide.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourBegin your shore excursion of Bangkok at the Grand Palace, a must-see destination for all visitors in this fascinating city. Your guide will drive you by private, air conditioned vehicle to the Grand Palace, once the official home for the royal families of Siam, and take you on a private tour of the palace complex.
As you explore the Royal Funeral Hall and the Royal Coronation Hall, admire some of Thailand’s best examples of Buddhist sculpture and decorative art, as well as traditional Thai architecture mixed with European design.
Next, visit the ornately designed Wat Phra Kaew, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, a sacred Buddhist temple located deep within the Grand Palace grounds. Inside, be awed by Thailand’s most revered Buddha image, sculpted in the 14th century from a single piece of Jade to sit just over 2 feet (0.6 meters) tall in a magnificent shrine.
After a stop for lunch, your private guide will take you on a city sightseeing tour that includes three of Bangkok’s 26,000 distinguished wats (temples). Visit Wat Traimit, Temple of the Golden Buddha, whose statue is made from solid gold weighing more than 12,000 pounds (5.5 tons). Learn how this fine example of Sukhothai-style art was discovered inside a layer of stucco plaster during construction of the temple.
Pass through Chinatown on your way to your next stop, Wat Pho, Temple of the Reclining Buddha – Bangkok’s largest and oldest temple. At 150 feet (46 meters) in length and 49 feet (15 meters) high, this Buddha is also the largest in Bangkok.
Afterward, visit Wat Benchamabophit, the Marble Temple, a magnificent monastery built from white Italian marble in the late 19th century, before your guide returns you back to the Bangkok port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Bangkok cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Bangkok Shore Excursion: Private Grand Palace And Buddhist Temples Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Bangkok Shore Excursion: Private Grand Palace And Buddhist Temples Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Please note that it takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours one way between Laem Chabang and central Bangkok
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.