OverviewEnjoy a private shore excursion to Bangkoks marvelous Grand Palace when your cruise ship docks in the port. The beautiful jade Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) will take your breath away! Your full-day tour by private, air-conditioned vehicle includes commentary by a knowledgeable local guide, who will accompany you to Bangkoks best shopping locations for a leisurely afternoon. Let your guide know what types of venues most interest you and then shop to your hearts content. Round-trip transport from the cruise terminal is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from the Laem Chabang port or Kong Toey port, start your shore excursion at the Grand Palace, Bangkok’s top attraction. Drive by comfortable, private vehicle and enjoy a private tour of the palace complex, the original residence of Siam’s royal families, including the Royal Funeral Hall and the Royal Coronation Hall. Your guide will offer commentary on the traditional Thai architecture mixed with European design, and point out significant Buddhist sculptures and decorative art as well.
Within the enormous palace grounds lies the Wat Phra Kaew – the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. At the heart of the sacred temple you’ll find the magnificent Buddha image carved in the 14th century from one piece of jade, considered the holiest and most revered of religious objects in Thailand today.
Following your tour of the palace and temple, stop for lunch (own expense). After your meal, your guide will advise you on the best places in Bangkok to shop, depending on your interests. Your guide will accompany you to one or two spots where you can browse to your heart’s desire during the afternoon, with ample opportunities for a snack or beverage (own expense).
Your tour ends with drop-off by private vehicle at the Laem Chabang or Kong Toey cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Bangkok cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Bangkok Shore Excursion: Private Grand Palace And Shopping Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Bangkok Shore Excursion: Private Grand Palace And Shopping Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Please note that it takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours one way between Laem Chabang and central Bangkok
Dress Code: There is a strict dress code for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. It is also recommended to avoid bright colors
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.