Barbados Island And Beach Tour
OverviewTake a panoramic tour of Barbados central sights from coast to coast and then enjoy a couple of hours of beach time on this 5-hour island tour. On a round-trip route from Bridgetown, visit the site of the islands oldest church on the west coast, stop by the Cherry Tree Hill lookout point in the middle of the island for amazing views of the ocean and lush landscape, and have a drink at Barclays Park on the east coast. Then relax on the beach and go for a swim at Carlisle Bay!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know More about this tourYour Barbados island tour starts with hotel pickup by van in Bridgetown, followed by a drive up the west coast of the island the Caribbean side. This stretch of shoreline is often called the gold coast due to its beautiful hotels like the Sandy Lane and large homes, including the house where native daughter Rihanna stays when shes in Barbados.
When you reach Holetown, make your first stop at St James Parish Church, the site of the oldest church on the island, originally founded in 1628. Take a brief tour of the small church before heading about 20 minutes northeast to Cherry Tree Hill for a photo op. At 850 feet (260 meters) above sea level, Cherry Tree Hill offers a beautiful view of the coast and the lush landscape of St Andrew Parish. Once flanked by cherry trees, the road to the lookout point is now lined with mahogany trees.
Continue your tour east to the Atlantic side of the island, and stop at Barclays Park, a popular, 50-acre (20-hectare) park that climbs up a beachside hill. (Fun fact: It was opened in 1966 by Queen Elizabeth II.) Have a seat with your guide at one of the many picnic tables and enjoy a refreshing beer, glass of rum punch or other provided beverage.
Then head down the east coast about five minutes to Bathsheba for your last stop before hitting the beach. Enjoy a photo opportunity in the picturesque surfing and fishing village, and then make the 30-minute drive back across the island, this time traveling through the sugar cane fields, to Carlisle Bay, where you have two hours of free time on the beach.
Swim, go snorkeling, take a nap on the sand, buy lunch at the beach bar the time here is yours to do as you wish (any activities, food and drinks at the beach are at your own expense).
Your Barbados island tour ends with hotel or seaport drop-off in Bridgetown.
Inclusions for Barbados Island And Beach Tour
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Beverages (rum punch, fruit punch or beer)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Barbados Island And Beach Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you bring or wear a swimsuit, hat, sunscreen and a beach towel
German or French guides can only be made available for groups of 10 and over
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City