OverviewEveryone wants to spend a day in paradise and Barbados is truly just that. On this comprehensive shore excursion you will visit Cherry Tree Hill, Morgan Lewis Windmill, Bathsheba, St John's Church and the Garrison Historic area. After the tour you have the option to be returned to the cruise ship or be dropped off in Bridgetown for shopping or at Pirates Cove for beach time.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Popular choice with kids
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourEveryone wants to spend a day in paradise and Barbados is truly just that. from your Barbados cruise port you will start your day with a journey over to the East Coast of Barbados.
The first stop will be Cherry Tree Hill with its breathtaking views of the East Coast from there you will make your way to Morgan Lewis Windmill. The windmill is on the top 100 endangered historical sites in the world. As you come down onto the coastline you will travel through Cattlewash and make a stop in Bathsheba which was named for its great beauty. It is also the location of the Soup Bowl the favorite stop for surfers in Barbados.
The next stop will be St John's Church one of the oldest churches on the island, set on a cliff and capturing spectacular views. From this Gothic church you will journey through the parish of St George past the Gun Hill signal station and the great white Lion as we make your way to the Garrison Historic area. The British built the first garrison in the West Indies at St Ann's Fort in 1705. The garrison, which served as the regional headquarters of the British Navy, soon expanded to include barracks and a parade ground. For more than a century was the largest British Colonial garrison. The Garrison has a special importance for the people of Barbados as it was here the flag of the independent nation was unfurled on 30th November 1966.
After your tour you will have the option to be returned to the cruise ship or be dropped off in Bridgetown for shopping or at Pirates Cove for beach time. If you do select to be dropped off for shopping or beach time you will have to make your own way back to the port. The tour usually arrives in the Bridgetown and Pirates Cove area around 1pm - 1:30pm
Tour Itinerary Highlights
(All times are approximate and subject to change)
Cherry Tree Hill (15-minute photo stop)
Morgan Lewis Windmill (5-10 minute photo stop)
Bathsheba (15-20 minute photo stop)
St John's Church (20 minutes)
The Garrison Avg length (15 minutes)
Bridgetown (drive through with historical commentary)
Inclusions for Barbados Shore Excursion: Island Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Barbados Shore Excursion: Island Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Return transportation (if you choose to be dropped off in Bridgetown or Pirate's Cove)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.