Barcelona Bike Tour
OverviewExplore Barcelona’s top sights and iconic neighborhoods on this 2.5-hour bike tour. With an expert guide, cycle along the city’s sunbaked streets and get up close to must-see attractions including St Mary of the Sea Cathedral and La Monumental bullring. During your 8.7-mile (14-km) route, visit popular local spots like Parc de la Ciutadella as well as the bustling neighborhoods of La Barceloneta and the Gothic Quarter. You’ll also learn about the Catalan capital’s mass-scale redevelopment as you weave through Olympic Village (Vila Olimpica) and Port Olympic.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All necessary equipment included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide in central Barcelona, then strap on a helmet and hop onto your provided bike. After listening to a comprehensive safety briefing, pedal away along the city streets. The pace is leisurely and follows a safe route, allowing you to listen to your guide’s commentary and take in the sights as you cycle.
Make your first stop by St Mary of the Sea Cathedral (also known as Cathedral Santa Maria del Mar and Basilica Santa Maria del Maris) in the heart of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic). Pose for photos by the striking façade and hear how it is renowned as one of the country’s finest examples of Catalan Gothic architecture.
Continue on to Parc de la Ciutadella, stopping along the way to see two streetlights designed by iconic modernist architect, Antoni Gaudi. Cruise along the idyllic, palm-lined promenades and pause to admire the colorful Arc de Triomf.
Next, pedal to The Monumental Bullring of Barcelona (Plaza de Toros Monumental de Barcelona or La Monumental). Snap photos of the breathtaking exterior, a mixture of Moorish and Byzantine design, and hear how the former bullring often hosts spectacular concerts and events.
Then, find yourself amid the modern-day sporting sites of the Olympic Village (Vila Olimpica) and Port Olympic, where you’ll learn about the urban redevelopment that took place in preparation for the 1992 Summer Olympics. You’ll also see El Cap de Barcelona, a surrealist sculpture created by American Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein for the Olympics.
Soak up the sea views as you traverse the labyrinthine streets of La Barceloneta. Discover how the neighborhood, once home to many of the city’s fishermen, was built up in the 18th century for the families whose homes were demolished to make room for the Ciutadella fortress.
Your tour then concludes near St Mary of the Sea Cathedral.
Inclusions for Barcelona Bike Tour
- Local guide
- Use of a bike and a helmet
Exclusions for Barcelona Bike Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gaudi Photography Tour in Barcelona
- Barcelona on a Segway: Guided Tapas Tour
- Barcelona Guided Segway 3-hour Tour
- Barcelona Segway Tour
- Girona and Costa Brava Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona
- Barcelona Guided Tour by Segway
- Private Sailing Experience from Barcelona
- Small-Group Barcelona Tapas Tour with a Local