Barcelona Food Walking Tour: La Boqueria Market And El Raval
OverviewUnleash your culinary curiosity at Barcelona’s La Boqueria market on a 3-hour walking tour with a local guide. Learn about Catalonia’s cuisine as you explore the legendary market, where stalls sell almost every imaginable foodstuff. Purchase and sample specialities such as cured sausage, and explore the El Raval neighborhood, which is known for its innovative restaurants and shops. Finish with a sweet treat at a beloved Barcelonan bakery or historical cafe. Numbers are limited to six, ensuring an intimate experience. All food tastings are at your own expense.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near La Boqueria Market and head off on foot to discover the roots of Barcelonas foodie hotspot. Learn about its medieval beginnings and admire the original, outdoor site where food has been sold since the 13th century.
Continue to the present-day La Rambla market, which is housed in an impressive glass-and-steel hall. Explore the myriad of stands that sell fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood, cheese and more, and hear tips for the most interesting vendors from your guide. In between stall visits, learn about Catalonias rich culinary history and how the market attracts Michelin-starred and wannabe chefs alike.
Visit the two trendy tapas bars of Pinotxo and El Quim alongside other enticing stands to sample local specialties including sauted mushrooms, ham and cured sausage. Then, leave the market to explore El Raval.
The neighborhood is known for its food shops and boundary-pushing restaurants that specialize in seasonal and freshly sourced market cuisine. Hear tips for interesting places to visit from your guide as you continue to Granja Viader, a beloved historical cafe. Finish your foodie forays with a chocolate snack here, or stop at the Escriba bakery to try one of its cakes or pastries.
After three hours, finish your tour in the El Raval area.
Inclusions for Barcelona Food Walking Tour: La Boqueria Market And El Raval
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Tastings, as noted
Exclusions for Barcelona Food Walking Tour: La Boqueria Market And El Raval
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch and Wine Tasting in Oller del Mas
- Barcelona Bike Tour
- Barcelona Shore Excursion: Skip the Line Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and La Pedrera
- Barcelona 2-Hour Afternoon Electric Bike Tour
- Costa Brava Sea Kayak Tour from Barcelona
- Montserrat Half Day Tour: Easy Hike with Hotel Pick-up from Barcelona