Barcelona Medieval And Modernist Architecture Tour
OverviewDiscover Barcelona’s medieval and modernist highlights with a guide on this 4.5-hour architecture tour. As you travel by foot and coach, learn how Barcelona serves up a dazzling architectural mix, from gothic monasteries to modernist masterpieces. Visit Antoni Gaudí’s Torre Bellesguard to admire its fusion of medieval and art nouveau influences; and head inside the 14th-century Pedralbes Monastery, a fine example of Catalan gothic architecture. Finish with a walk around the Sarrià-Sant Gervasi quarter to learn about its 20th-century history and architectural flamboyance.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Barcelona and set off to discover the city’s architecture. Hop inside an air-conditioned coach and head to your first stop: Pedralbes Monastery, a 14th-century building in palm-dotted gardens. Wander around its cloisters with your guide and learn how the building is a shining example of gothic Catalan architecture.
Next, travel to the well-heeled Sarrià-Sant Gervasi district where narrow streets are studded with aristocratic mansions and modernist buildings. Head inside the private Gaudí-designed residence of Torre Bellesguard for a tour, and then stroll around the gardens to admire the exterior. The building is known for its imaginative fusion of medieval, neo-gothic and art nouveau influences.
After free time at Torre Bellesguard to buy refreshments, continue with a walk around Sarrià-Sant Gervasi. Delve into the charming streets and walk along Avenida del Tibidabo, home to many of the city’s showpieces. See Torre Andreu, a rotunda commissioned by Dr Salvador Andreu in the early 1900s; and view El Pinar, a gothic-style stone house designed by architect Enric Sagnier.
Pose for photos at the Casa Roviralta and CosmoCaixa buildings, and take in the striking Valldonzella Monastery, whose towers and stained glass were designed by Bernardino Martorell I Puig.
As you walk, hear about the modernist principles that shaped the buildings, and learn how Barcelona’s elite embraced modernism with a passion, building grandiose mansions throughout the early 1900s and mid-20th century.
After around 4.5 hours, your tour then ends at the original start point.
Inclusions for Barcelona Medieval And Modernist Architecture Tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (groups of 7 pax and above)
- Transport by public transportation (groups of less than 7 pax)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Barcelona Medieval And Modernist Architecture Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.