Barcelos: Half-Day Private Tour From Porto
OverviewBarcelos is a beautiful and unique city in the north of Portugal, it is really famous for their crafts, such as, pottery and ceramics. Its national symbol " Galo de Barcelos" (rooster barcelos) is one of the most popular Portuguese symbols. This symbol represents a legend of an innocent man who was saved from the gallows by de rooster.Ancient city of legends, Barcelos is the site of some of the most important references to Portuguese identity.Spend a half-day in this amazing tour, exploring it's unique beauty and understand the contribution that Barcelos has made to the art, history, and culture of Portugal and the Portuguese.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourStart this unforgetable half-day tour at 9h00 am in the morning or at 02h00 pm in the afternoon.
Land rich in history and strong straditions, Barcelos is also owner of phenomenal heritage, that you are able to see in the many historical monuments, such as: the 16th century bridge; the Tower of Barcelos from the 15th century and in several churches: the main one, From the 13th century, the Nossa Senhora da Mesericordia and Bom Jesus da Cruz of the Holy Cross which dates from the 16th century and was erected, according to the legend, following the miraculous appearance of a Cross through the soil in Barcelos.
Beyond monuments and its history, you find also in Barcelos crafts stores, full of amazing art works.
Barcelos is also stage for many medieval fairs and tradicional festivals.
In this memorable half-day tour, see the Medievall Bridge of Barcelos, visit the Church of Bom Jesus da Cruz, explore the historical center, ending the day visiting the gorgeous Tower of Barcelos where at the end you can buy souvenir and the symbol of Barcelos.
Discover the culture and legends, admire all the beauty around, go back in time through this unique portuguese city.
The tour ends up at 13h00 pm (morning departures) and at 18h30 pm (afternoon departures).
Inclusions for Barcelos: Half-Day Private Tour From Porto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
Exclusions for Barcelos: Half-Day Private Tour From Porto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private Guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to So Bento train station, Porto
Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City