Bariloche Horseback Riding Tour With Traditional Argentine Asado
OverviewJourney into the Patagonian steppe and the foothills of the Argentine Andes on a pleasant 2-hour guided horseback ride. Along the way, admire a picturesque lake, transitional forests of cypress trees, and spot condors, black-necked swans, guanacos and deer. On this day excursion just outside of Bariloche, visit one of the oldest working ranches in the area, where youll enjoy a 3-course lunch with asado (traditional barbecued meats) and an open bar of select beverages. Riders of all experience levels are welcome, and hotel transport is included.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, travel by air-conditioned coach for about an hour east of Bariloche and head to Puesto La Fragua de Estancia San Ramon (San Ramn Ranch). One of the oldest working ranches in the area, San Ramn Ranch spans 62,000 acres (25,000 hectares) into the foothills of the Argentine Andes. When you arrive, youll notice cattle and sheep roaming the grasslands.
Follow your guide to an old countryside school converted to the ranchs eating area, located below one of the largest condor nesting rocks in the region. You might just see one of these impressive creatures soaring high in the sky. Inside the former school, ranch staff welcome you with a light breakfast of sweets, coffee, juice and mate tea.
Next, mosey over to the stables for a safety briefing and be paired up with a horse that matches your riding experience. This tour is suitable for both beginners and more experienced riders; you'll learn some horseback riding techniques from your expert guide who leads the way on a 2-hour journey into the Andes foothills.
Pass a picturesque lake and ride through transition forests before reaching the Patagonian steppe. Keep your eyes peeled for condors, pink flamingos, black-necked swans, guanacos, rheas and deer. Your guide explains the geological sights, plants and wildlife you see along the way.
After your horseback ride, return to the ranch and dig into a 3-course lunch featuring Argentine asado (see below for a sample menu). The feast of traditional barbecued meats comes with an open bar of wine, soft drinks and mineral water.
Your appetite sated, enjoy transport back to your Bariloche hotel.
Please note: If you select the afternoon tour, you will start off with lunch, then the horseback ride, and end with snacks consisting of sweets, coffee, juice and mate tea.
Sample lunch menu (subject to change):*
- Grilled chorizo
- Asado (barbecued grilled meats) accompanied with salad
- Fruit salad
Inclusions for Bariloche Horseback Riding Tour With Traditional Argentine Asado
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Light breakfast of sweets, coffee, juice and mate tea
- Open bar of wine, sodas and mineral water
- Traditional Argentine asado
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Bariloche Horseback Riding Tour With Traditional Argentine Asado
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.