Baroque Lecce Walking TourWrite a Review
OverviewLecce is the Baroque capital of the South, full of elegant palaces and baroque churches. The Cathedral, dedicated to our Lady, was rebuilt in the second half of the 600 following the narrow escape of the plague. True symbol of Lecce Baroque is the Basilica of Santa Croce with its rich canopy, decorated with cherubs' series, and various figures.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourLecce is an art city known as "the Florence of the South" or "Florence of Baroque" for the ancient Messapian and the archaeological remains of Roman rule. Expression of Baroque exuberance, typically 17th century, expressed the buildings of churches and palaces of the Center, made of local stone, a limestone malleable and very suitable working with a chisel.
Visit the city of Lecce to see the Roman amphitheater built in the Augustan age in order to entertain up to 14,000 spectators and realized in the eastern side of the Roman city. One side is dug in the soil and on the other side are arcades and columns. It is near Sant’Oronzo Plaza. Then visit the castle of Charles V, the Cathedral and the old city.
Enjoy brunch in a typical “pucceria."
Inclusions for Baroque Lecce Walking Tour
- Certified guide on site, speaking English
- Walking tour
- Puccia Tasting
Exclusions for Baroque Lecce Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available extra)
- Transfer from/to Brindisi or Bari Airport (available at extra charge)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Dress code is smart casual
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.