Barossa And Hahndorf Day Trip From Adelaide Including Wine Tasting And LunchWrite a Review
OverviewThis full day tour takes you to South Australia’s premium wine region, to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines, including the world famous Jacobs Creek Winery and Saltram Wine Estate. Enjoy a sumptuous 2 course lunch in the Barossa, at the South Australian Company Store in Angaston. Then wind your way through to the picturesque Adelaide Hills to Hahndorf, Australia's oldest German settlement, where you will have free time to explore the many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourTravel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australias premium wine district. Your first stop is at the multi-award winning Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre where you will have the opportunity to sample their famous wines in a structured tasting, take a tour of the surrounding vines and cellar door and enjoy morning tea as you overlook the vineyards.
Leaving Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then it's onto Saltram Wine Estate at Angaston. Here you will learn about Saltrams 150 year history and taste some of the wide selection of quality wines from the stunning cellar door. After a memorable cellar door experience, journey to the South Australian Company Store and Kitchen for a delicious lunch.
The South Australian Company Story and Kitchen draws on ingredients and traditions that are distinctly from the Barossa regional producers. You will enjoy a scrumptious 2 course lunch (including a tasting plate) along with wine tastings from two boutique Barossa wineries.
In the afternoon you will journey through the picturesque Adelaide Hills where you will have a short stop at the Herbig Family Tree at Springton. This hollow tree trunk provided a home for Friedrich & Caroline Herbig and two of their 16 children until 1860. On arrival into Hahndorf (Australia's oldest German settlement), you will havefree time to explore Hahndorfs main street with many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce and pubs where you can sample some German Beers (please note: any tastings or purchases in Hahndorf are not included in the price).
Inclusions for Barossa And Hahndorf Day Trip From Adelaide Including Wine Tasting And Lunch
- Morning tea
- Wine tasting
- 2-course lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Barossa And Hahndorf Day Trip From Adelaide Including Wine Tasting And Lunch
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.