Enjoy this thrilling outdoor adventure as you take part in a half-day white water rafting experience in the Barron Gorge National Park. This experience is the perfect introduction for those first timers ensuring you still have a fun, exciting and exhilarating time. Let the guides entertain you on this spectacular river, while you take in scenic rainforest views in the Barron Gorge National Park.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourJust 20 minutes from central Cairns and 40 minutes from Port Douglas, Barron Gorge National Park is convenient for whichever option you select when booking—either hotel pickup by coach or driving yourself to Lake Placid. The park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, Barron Falls, and, of course, Barron Gorge, carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
When you arrive at Lake Placid, meet your guide to get ready for your white-water rafting tour on the river, which snakes its way down from the mountains toward the Coral Sea. During this scenic experience, enjoy a combination of calm water and a series of white-water rapids, providing you with both peaceful floating and more exciting action. You’ll raft for up to two hours on rapids up to grade III.
No experience is necessary, making this a good choice for beginner rafters. Rafts hold up to seven passengers plus your river guide, who keeps you safe and entertained. When your tour is over, return to your pickup point. Total duration of this tour depends on your pickup location or if you drive yourself.
Inclusions for Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting From Cairns Or Port Douglas
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas with transport by air-conditioned coach
- Safety equipment
- River guide
- National park fees
Exclusions for Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting From Cairns Or Port Douglas
- AU$30 river levy (payable direct)
- Optional extras such as shoe rental ($5)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Snacks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children between 12 and 17 years require a parent or guardian to sign a waiver form
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.