Basque By Bike Small Group Cycle Tour In San Sebastián - San Sebastian
OverviewWhat do you get when you mash up history, art, and culture, add a sprinkling of beaches and palaces, and mix it all up with some Basque charm on two wheels? The best San SebastiÃ¡n bike tour ever, thats what! Give your brain a workout along with your legs and learn all about San Seb while riding the citys fabulous bike trails.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Your San Sebastin cycle tour will start at one of the most iconic buildings in the city: the town hall, Ayuntamiento. Before we take off, youll get to mingle with locals, check out the antique carousel, and learn quirky facts like why there are so many small trees in this area, and how San Sebastin is connected to Japan.
Well follow the bidegorri bike path along La Concha beach up to the palace of Queen Maria Cristina, before arriving at one of the most local beaches in the city: Ondarreta.
From there, your San Sebastin tour will take you to the end of the bay, where nature meets civilisation. Youll discover some Basque modern art before veering through one of the citys oldest, most authentic neighbourhoods and toward a secret passage that connects two parts of the city. Youll ride through districts that show the many faces of San Sebastin, from the workers city to the aristocratic belle poque of the past as you follow the Urumea River back to the city centre, passing villas and bourgeois palaces. Youll also discover one of the most important buildings of San Sebastian, Kursaal a building thats linked with a kind of dark past.
As your cycle tour continues, youll get to enjoy the wild of the ocean and admire some brave surfers along Zurriola Beach, in the beautiful Gros district. Youll head toward the port area, one of our favourite places for appreciating the city, and a place where past and present meet (its also the entrance to the food heaven of pintxo bars, by the way very important to know!).
Youll ride back across the Monte Urgull battlefield and along the old city walls, and finish your San Sebastin cycle adventure down the contemporary Boulevard that separates the Old Town from the new part of the city.
Inclusions for Basque By Bike Small Group Cycle Tour In San Sebastián
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet rental
Exclusions for Basque By Bike Small Group Cycle Tour In San Sebastián
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
- Seats and trailers are available for an extra fee (trailers are suitable for up to 7 years of age, and seats are suitable for children from 9 months to approximately 3 or 4 years of age)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
This is a child-friendly tour, but please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the weight of 22 kg or 24 kg are permitted to join this tour free of charge but they must be seated on the back of their parent/guardian's bike. There are two child seats available for use during the tour (one for 24 kg max and one for 22 kg max). Please let us know when booking that you are travelling with a small child.
Children between the ages of 6 and 12 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child above when booking. Note that we only have one bike for kids between 120 and 135 cm (6-8 years aprox) and two for kids between 135 and 155 cm (8-12 years aprox).
All child bikes and child seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis, based on booking date. Please notify us at the time of booking if you will need a childs bike or seat so we can reserve it for you.
The rest of our bikes are suitable for people taller than 150 cm. Some kids and teenagers will fit these bikes with no problem even if they are a bit shorter than this or younger than 12 years of age.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.