Basque Cheese And Wine Day Trip From San Sebastian
OverviewEmbark on a private gastronomic tour traveling to Idiazabal, the mountain village where the famous traditional Basque cheese is produced and end the tour in a winery to sample txakoli, the locally grown wine. We start from Donostia / San Sebastian and we will travel to the village of Idiazabal, visit the museum and walk around the area to visit a traditional farm of this famous and recognized cheese. After a varied cheese tasting we will head for the fishing town of Getaria, we will visit a txakoli winery.
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourStart your day at a designated meeting point in Donostia/San Sebastian, then set out for the mountain village of Idiazabal. Visit the towns museum, then wander the village, stopping at a traditional farm famous for its cheese. Sample several varieties, before heading to the fishing village of Getaria.
Birthplace of Juan Sebastin Elcano (Getaria, 1487-1526), the first man to sail around the world, the medieval village preserves remnants from various points during its long history. Enter the old quarter and enjoy grilled fish at one of the ports famous restaurants.
After a stroll around the village, visit a Txakoli winery. Learn about the autochthonous process of making their unique variety of sparkling wine. The grapes, Hondarrabi-Zuri and Hondarrabi-Beltza, are nourished by breezes from the Cantabrian Sea, contributing to their distinctive character. After your tasting and winery tour, head back to Donostia/San Sebastian, where you can relax. You can also choose between a pintxos route and dinner at one of the citys gastronomic societies.
Inclusions for Basque Cheese And Wine Day Trip From San Sebastian
- Private guide and driver
- Private group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cheese Museum
- Food in restaurant Getaria
- Txakoli tasting food
- All transportation costs (petrol, parking and toll)
Exclusions for Basque Cheese And Wine Day Trip From San Sebastian
- Meals, drinks and tickets that are not listed above.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour can be adapted to suit your preferences. Please contact the supplier to discuss preferred itinerary.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.