Basque Coast Excursion: Game Of Thrones Locations Tour From San Sebastian
OverviewRetrace the footsteps of Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Daenerys Targaryen by visiting the magnificent filming sites of Game of Thrones Season 7 on this small-group (or private) Basque Coast tour from San sebastian. We will return to Dragonstone like Daenerys does in Season 7 by heading westward from San Sebastian to the spectacular islet of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe in Bermeo, Biscay, Basque Country, our first stop on our Game of Thrones inspired route. After following the steps of Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen along the striking winding stone footbridge from Season 7, we will continue our route towards the shores of Westeros, the Beach of Itzurun, located in Zumaia, Gipuzkoa, Basque Country, the famous rocky beach that is the entry point into Dragonstone Castle, where John Snow first meets The Mother of Dragons.
Know More about this tour
Because winter is here, of course, well travel westward after morning pick up from your accommodation in San Sebastian to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a breathtaking location used in the filming of Game of Thrones Season 7.
We will disembark the car for a stretch break and stop to admire the imposing views of the islet of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, located just off the coast in the Bay of Biscay, about 35 km from Bilbao. Surrounded by agitating seas and a ruggedly carved coastline, the islet of Gaztelugatxe is topped by an ancient hermitage devoted to John the Baptist.
On foot, we will descend to sea level to encounter the striking double-arch stone bridge along which Jon Snow and Daenerys walk in Game of Thrones Season 7. We will follow Jon Snows and Dannys footsteps and hike the 241 steps of the winding footbridge, which connects the mainland to the islet, to reach the magnificent hermitage of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, where we will, as legend has it, ring its bell three times and make a wish. After stopping for photos and admiring the spectacular views from the top, we will descend from the hermitage to enjoy a much-deserved beer/wine (complimentary).
Back in the vehicle, we will continue our route towards the shores of Westeros and the entry point into Dragonstone Castle by heading towards Zumaia, Basque Country. Better known as The Flysch, we will descend to the famous beach where Jon Snow docks to meet The Mother of Dragons for the first time, and contemplate its dramatic jagged cliffs and surfing scene.
After a short stroll, enjoy a complimentary round of pintxos (Basque tapas) and drinks before your day trip ends with drop-off back at your accommodation in San Sebastian.
Inclusions for Basque Coast Excursion: Game Of Thrones Locations Tour From San Sebastian
- Local taxes
- Light refreshments
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour (or Private tour)
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Basque Coast Excursion: Game Of Thrones Locations Tour From San Sebastian
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Sebastian pintxo and wine tour
- San Sebastian Cultural visit & Mount Igueldo
- San Sebastian Hiking, St Jacobs Way
- Full-Day Basque Coast Hop-On Hop-Off Bus From San Sebastian
- Flamenco Class in San Sebastian
- Royals, Stars, and Surfers San Sebastian Walking City Tour with a Local Guide
- Pintxos Tour
- Getaria Tour by Land and Sea from San Sebastian