Basque Cooking Class Workshop - San Sebastian
OverviewCook, eat, and be merry during a small-group and hands-on cooking class led by an experienced culinary educator in private cooking studio in San sebastian's Old Town. Before the class, take a guided visit to the local farmers' market, fish & seafood stalls, and specialty shops to learn about the essential ingredients of Basque cuisine. The class is a great way to get an insider's look at (and taste of!) one of the world's most iconic "foodie" cities, and to learn new techniques to take back home with you.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourCooking and sharing a meal together is one of life's great pleasures, and it is a revered tradition here in the Basque Country. This market visit and cooking class is a wonderful way to get an insider’s look into the cuisine of the 2016 European Cultural Capital city.
Good ingredients are the foundation to good recipes, and so the cooking class begins with a visit to San Sebastian’s outdoor farmers’ market, specialty gourmet shops, and fresh fish and seafood stalls. Your specialized culinary guide will explain different ingredients, their provenance, and their place in Basque culinary tradition.
You will then continue on to a cozy Old Town flat which house a private cooking studio overlooking a bustling pedestrian street. You’ll be greeted by the cooking class instructor, an experienced and bilingual culinary educator. Once your apron strings are tied, take up your knife and start cooking!: this class is as hands-on as you’d like, and you can participate in every step of the preparations. Your chef will instruct you in the making of a variety of emblematic pintxos, both hot & cold, traditional & modern, as well as a savoury dish or two. The menu varies according to the season. You’ll also taste some crisp white txakoli wine from the coast and this year’s best Idiazabal cheese.
Your hard work will be rewarded with a meal of all the lovely things you’ve prepared, shared with your cooking companions and new friends. You’re sure to make lovely memories and have plenty of new techniques to show off back home.
Inclusions for Basque Cooking Class Workshop
- Food tasting: sample a couple of items in the market and in shops
- Lunch: lunch is what is prepared in the class
- Professional specialized culinary guide and private chef
- Hotel pickup (centrally-located San Sebastian hotels)
Exclusions for Basque Cooking Class Workshop
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved at a strolling pace.
Tour includes one flight of stairs, no elevator available. Please advise if assistance is required.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please advise of any alimentary allergies or restrictions upon booking.
Minimum age is 10 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Sebastian pintxo and wine tour
- San Sebastian Cultural visit & Mount Igueldo
- San Sebastian Hiking, St Jacobs Way
- Full-Day Basque Coast Hop-On Hop-Off Bus From San Sebastian
- Flamenco Class in San Sebastian
- Royals, Stars, and Surfers San Sebastian Walking City Tour with a Local Guide
- Pintxos Tour
- Getaria Tour by Land and Sea from San Sebastian