Batan Grande Archeological Site And Sicán National Museum Tour From Chiclayo
OverviewImmerse yourself in Perus ancient Sicn civilization, which inhabited the region from 750 to 1300 AD. This 4-hour tour takes you to two Sicn attractions just north of Chiclayo. Visit Pmac Forest Historical Sanctuary, where the tomb of an elite Sicn was discovered on the former Batan Grande sugar plantation. Explore the ancient pyramids with a knowledgeable guide, and then see the wide array of fascinating artifacts found in the tomb at the Sicn National Museum. You have the option to choose a private tour for a more personalized experience.
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, head with your guide about 22 miles (35 km) north of Chiclayo to the Pmac Forest Historical Sanctuary (Santuario Histrico Bosque de Pmac), an area of protected algarrobo trees that cover the grounds of Batan Grande, an old sugar cane farm where the Sicn archeological ruins are located.
You have about 1.5 hours here to explore with your guide. Admire the dozens of ancient pyramids built by the Sicn people, who inhabited this region from around 750 to 1300 AD, after the Moche people. Learn about the amazing discovery in 1992 of an ancient tomb that held an important member of Sicn society. Inside the tomb, archeologists found an enormous amount of masks, crowns, bracelets, weapons, armor and other precious metals and jewelry, most of which now resides at the National Museum of Sicn, your next stop.
When you arrive at the museum in the town of Ferreafe, take a 1.5-hour tour with your guide. Learn about Sicn life and culture as you examine artifacts like feathered funeral masks, textiles, pottery, gold and silver items, and other valuable objects found in the Batan Grande tomb. Plus, admire a replica of the tomb, and learn about the excavation process through the museums detailed displays.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off back in Chiclayo.
Inclusions for Batan Grande Archeological Site And Sicán National Museum Tour From Chiclayo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Batan Grande Archeological Site And Sicán National Museum Tour From Chiclayo
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.