Bath, Stonehenge And A Secret Place From London
OverviewJoin us on a12-hour small group tour from London to Bath, Stonehenge and a Secret Place. This tour takes you off the beaten path and down narrow country roads through the quintessential English countryside. We will visit the world famous prehistoric stone circle, that is Stonehenge and marvel at the mysteries that surround it. We will visit the spa city and UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, founded by the Romans and now dripping in gorgeous Georgian architecture, and of course - a visit to our highly coveted secret place. We are certain you will love it, but where could it be? You'll have to come with us to find out!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet in the morning near the London Eye and depart from London on a scenic drive through quintessential English countryside, with a quick comfort stop on the way out of London. During the Summer months, the tour will head first to the highly coveted secret place. The exact location can only be revealed if you choose to join, and will be decided on the day, but with so many beautiful places en route to choose from, it is certain you will love it!
From there, head through small country lanes to the City of Bath. Resplendent in Georgian architecture, it is well worthy of its UNESCO World Heritage City status. Upon arrival, take a guided driving tour of some of Baths highlights, which are perhaps a little far to walk to from the city centre. See the Royal Crescent, the Circus, the Jane Austen Centre and more. Then you will be dropped off near Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths, armed with a map and some suggestions of things to see and do, before exploring at your leisure and to have lunch (at own expense). Perhaps you will find a caf to savor a delicious Cornish Pasty or Sally Lunn bun, or try some of the legendary local cider?
Perhaps you will want to explore the Abbey, a wonderful example of Perpendicular Gothic architecture, or visit the beautifully preserved Roman Baths, or take a stroll across Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, one of only 4 bridges in the world with shops across its full span.
Your guide will offer a walking tour of the city, focusing largely on the Roman Baths (although not entering all together). Listen to your guide for the time of the walking tour, and you can decide on the day whether you would like to join or not.
Next stop, the mysterious, world famous, prehistoric stone circle that is Stonehenge. Your driver/guide will provide commentary en route, providing some background history and discuss some of the theories surrounding it. When you arrive, you will have the chance to see the stones, take a walk around them with plenty of time for some fantastic photo opportunities, before visiting the new visitor center, gift shop and cafe. Visit toward the end of the day during the Summer as the site is generally quieter, and most of the big buses have gone home, giving you a better experience of this awe-inspiring place.
Then, make your way back to London, full of some fantastic memories and experiences from a full-day's adventure. Your guide will plan the route back into London based on where everyone is staying and do their best to make your onward journey home as easy as possible.
Inclusions for Bath, Stonehenge And A Secret Place From London
- Small-group tour
- Optional walking tour in Bath (included in the price)
- Driving tour in Bath
- Bottled water
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned mini coach
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Bath, Stonehenge And A Secret Place From London
- Entry to Stonehenge approximately: child 9.80, students/concessions 14.70, adults 16.30. *Please note, these prices are controlled by English Heritage and are subject to increase beyond our control*
- Food and drink is not included
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 3 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved, and across some uneven surfaces
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
No large items of luggage are permitted, luggage compartment is limited
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Chauffeur-Driven Sightseeing Tour of London
- Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Tour with Thames River Cruise
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- BIG London Attraction Ticket Including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Aquarium, London Eye and Shrek's Adventure! London
- Private Minivan Arrival Transfer from Southampton Cruise Terminals to Heathrow Airport
- Small-Group Dessert Walking Tour in London