Bay Of Islands Dolphin Cruise From Paihia Or Russell
OverviewMarvel as wild dolphins frolic near you during a half-day dolphin-watching cruise in the Bay of Islands. You'll glide through this scenic region to remote islands where you can hop in the water to snorkel and swim with the dolphins (conditions permitting). The experienced crew shares fascinating facts about the dolphins and other marine life you might see, such as orcas, seals or penguins. This tour is limited to 35 passengers, allowing for a more intimate dolphin experience in the waters of New Zealand.
Know More about this tourChoose from a morning or afternoon cruise around the Bay of Islands to see dolphins in their natural habitat. After departure from either Russell or Pahia, your boat captain takes you out to secluded islands around the bay to look for bottlenose and common dolphins, as well as other native animals like orcas, baleen whales, seals, penguins and seabirds.
If you get lucky with the weather and wildlife conditions on the day of your cruise, you can jump in the warm water and snorkel near the dolphins. Enjoy swimming in the proximity of these amazing mammals, who are renowned for their intelligence, as well as their grace and agility.
On board the boat, the crew shares informative commentary about dolphin behavior and the marine ecosystem of the Bay of Islands. Youll also learn about the history of the region and significant events that occurred here, including some that contributed to the founding of New Zealand. Your boat is smaller than most other tour vessels and features a low outdoor viewing deck, underwater microphone, and water jet engines that enhance your dolphin-watching experience. Your cruise ends when you return to your starting point.
Please note: Dolphins are seen on most cruises, however nature is unpredictable. In the unlikely event that no dolphins or whales are spotted during your tour, you can take another dolphin-watching cruise at no additional cost.
Inclusions for Bay Of Islands Dolphin Cruise From Paihia Or Russell
- Use of wet suit, snorkel and mask
- Skipper and professional guide
Exclusions for Bay Of Islands Dolphin Cruise From Paihia Or Russell
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You must be a competent swimmer in open water
Bring a swimsuit and towel
Children 8-12 must be accompanied by an adult
Children under 8 years old are not permitted to swim in the water with the dolphins
Please Note: There is an additional charge of NZD$30 to swim
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour
- Private One-Way Transfer: Hurghada Airport to Hurghada Hotels
- The Battle of Santo Domingo 4D Movie Experience
- Krakow Airport Arrival Shuttle Transfer