Be A Winemaker For A Day - Santiago
OverviewGet to know the wine production process of one of the most progressive, exciting and internationally awarded wineries in Chile. Create your own wine with an expert guided walking you through the blending process. Being a winemaker for a day is a high quality once in a life time experience.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe guide will meet you at the main entrance of the Toscana style estate house. There will be a brief introduction to the experience. Then, you will go to the organic vineyard where, with the help of a tasting pit placed among the vines, the guide will explain you the land. Also learn, the singularities of organic production, the process to optimize resources and the different ways to plant the vines in order to produce the best subs with minimum environmental impact. De Martino is the first CO2-free winery in LATAM and the second largest producer of organic wines in Chile.
Once the process has been explained, you go to the cellars where you will be surprised by the 5000 litres wooden foudres made in Austria by prestigious barrel maker Franz Stockinger. In this area, impeccably arranged in different spaces, you will find modern systems of reception and manual selection of grapes, the fermentation tanks and the bottling and labeling plant. Here a very professional guide will explain you the process that take place in these installations.
You will also visit a very special place where they keep old clay anphoras to elaborate wine in the most natural way possible. Very peculiar wines that are being very high valued by wine experts.
After the tour you will go to the main estate house living room to taste three premium De Martino wines. The guide will talk about the characteristics of each of the wines and will answer all your possible questions.
Now your ready to have fun and enjoy making your own wine. Put into practice everything you have learned throughout the tour and tasting. The guide will give you all the necessary tools for the blending process and bottles of wine from different varieties: Carmenere, Cavernet Sauvignon, Syrah... And if it wasn't enough, you will take with you your own wine with a personal label.
Inclusions for Be A Winemaker For A Day
- Entrance fees
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Be A Winemaker For A Day
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 15 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.