Beagle Channel And Sea Wolves Island Catamaran Cruise - Ushuaia
OverviewIn 1833, Charles Darwin set sail along the Beagle Channel. You can follow his course on a 2.5-hour catamaran cruise from Ushuaia. You'll capture sights of Ushuaias former prison, check out the End of the World Museum, and admire views of Five Brothers and Olivia mountains, among other sights. After reaching Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse and eyeing shipwreck ruins, come upon throngs of sea lions at Sea Wolves Island and the winged residents of Bird Island. Enjoy guided commentary and round-trip hotel transport.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourTake a 2.5-hour cruise to admire rocky isles, glaciers, city landmarks and wildlife on the Beagle Channel, named in honor of Charles Darwins ship Beagle that traversed the gunmetal-gray waters in the 1830s. After hotel pickup, board a catamaran at Don Eduardo Arturo Brisighelli pier to begin your journey through the narrow strait dotted with the Tierra del Fuego islands.
As the boat heads east and hugs the coastline, enjoy views of Maritime Museum, housed in former prison buildings, and the End of the World Museum that specializes in the areas natural and aboriginal history. Learn from guided commentary on board about the infamous old prison, now displaying a replica of Darwins ship, and Ushuaias origins as a penal colony. Pass by the serrated snow-covered peaks of the Olivia and Cinco Hermanos (Five Brothers) mountains looming behind the citys industrial area.
Amid panoramas of water, sea and mountain, sail past the Tunnel and Fique Ranch, and the Encajonado River. The boat approaches the tiny promontory of Les Eclaireurs lighthouse, a candy-striped beacon surrounded by colonies of rock shags. Perhaps under a sky brooding with clouds, learn about the SS Monte Cervantes that met its fateful end here in 1930, parts of which poke through the waters surface.
On the way back west, your catamaran quietly approaches the Sea Wolves Island, aka Isla de Los Lobos, home to hundreds of sea lions, fur seals, and king cormorants that resemble small penguins. Delight in close-up views of the mammals as they grunt, bark, and maybe even jostle one another to claim territory. Continue to Bird Island, or Isla de los Pajaros, and observe up to 20 species of birds, including skuas, king cormorants, petrels, steamer ducks and giant albatrosses.
Admire views of Martial Glacier as you sail through Paso Chico (Small Passage) to return to the pier in Ushuaia. From here, enjoy transport back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Beagle Channel And Sea Wolves Island Catamaran Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by coach or minivan
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Beagle Channel And Sea Wolves Island Catamaran Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Boarding Fee ARS$20
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You may bring your own food and drinks
It is recommended that you bring binoculars
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ushuaia Airport Arrival Transfer
- Walk with the Penguins in Martillo Island
- Tierra del Fuego Eco-Adventure: Beagle Channel Canoeing, Penguin Colony and Gable Island
- Beagle Channel Sailing Tour: Islands, Penguins and Estancia Harberton
- City Tour Double Decker Ushuaia ( March to June)
- City Tour Double Decker Ushuaia ( July to Dec )
- Ushuaia Shore Excursion: Private City Tour with End of the World and Maritime Museums