Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour Of Yad Vashem Holocaust History Museum - Jerusalem
OverviewPlan a memorable visit to Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center. Immerse yourself in the history of one the most cataclysmic chapters in the modern era. Take part in meaningful and dynamic commemoration of the Holocaust and its victims. Explore the one-of-a-kind museums, inspiring outdoor monuments, memorials, gardens and sculptures throughout the 45-acre campus, situated on Jerusalems picturesque Mount of Remembrance.
- Exclusive to Viator
Know More about this tour
- 2.5-hour private, guided tour
- Get a rare, close-up look at archival items
- See unforgettable exhibits including the Auschwitz Album, Schindler's List and the monumental Hall of Names
- Explore one of Jerusalem's most popular tourist sites with an expert Yad Vashem guide
- Customized tour with personal guide
What to Expect
Your guide will be waiting for you at the Group Desk in the Visitors' Center (look for the TripAdvisor sign) for your personal tour.
As your guide leads the way, you will enter the Holocaust History Museum, designed by world-renowned architect Moshe Safdie. The prism-like triangular structure penetrates the mountain from one side to the other, with both ends dramatically cantilevering into the open air. Your first stop in the museum will be the incredible video artwork, "Living Landscape". The 13-meter piece is composed of original film clips and photographs that depict the rich Jewish life that existed in Europe prior to WW II. Your guide will then take you through nine different galleries each one depicting a different "chapter" in the annals of Holocaust history. You will encounter authentic posters, propaganda and antisemitic board games that provide some context for the developments in Nazi Germany during the 1930s. On "Leszno Street," you will walk upon the cobblestones of a reconstructed street from the Warsaw Ghetto. Other highlights include the original Auschwitz Album, a photo album which includes the only surviving visual evidence of the process leading to the mass murder at Auschwitz-Birkenau, and a copy of "Schindler's List". At the close of the museum is the monumental the Hall of Names. As you enter the circular hall, you can see the upper domed ceiling which reaches 10 meters skywards, on which the pictures of 600 men, women and children are displayed. As you look down, you will see the pictures reflected below in a pool of water dug deep into the bedrock.
The tour ends with a breathtaking panoramic view of modern day Jerusalem, giving you a moment to reflect upon your visit to the Mount of Remembrance.
This exclusive behind-the-scenes tour is available only via Viator. At the close of the tour, you are welcome to explore the rest of the extensive Yad Vashem grounds and campus.
Inclusions for Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour Of Yad Vashem Holocaust History Museum
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour Of Yad Vashem Holocaust History Museum
- Paid parking is available on the premises for a daily rate of $8.00
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
This is an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour. At the close of the tour, you are welcome to explore the rest of the extensive Yad Vashem grounds and campus.
Yad Vashem is handicapped accessible.
Minimum age for entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is 10 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.