OverviewA stroll through Beijings Hutongs are recommended to every visitor to the capital, but locals know that there are as many hutongs as there are hairs on an ox around the city. The best way to get to know the most scenic twisting backstreets that locals call home is by eating your way through them, especially at the pop-up breakfast stalls that disappear after the morning rush hour. On this tour, youll meet your bilingual guide and small group at a convenient location, then head out to try traditional morning dishes side-by-side with the locals who love them.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Breakfast included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThe breakfast tour is a roving feast of the best morning dishes available in China's capital city.
Over the course of three hours, youll meander through some of Beijings oldest, original Hutongs - your tour guide won't take you to rebuilt or crowded areas filled with tourists. You'll eat their way through Chinas 5,000 years of culinary history, trying new foods and gaining an appreciation for the artisans making these handmade treats, starting with silken tofu pudding. Freshly-made and topped with savory toppings like chive flowers you wont see outside of China.
Next up, youll try brown sugar donuts from a halal stall, then a flurry of breakfast treats at a hole-in-the-wall that serves an offal soup in the evenings. Dont worry for breakfast, they steer clear of innards, offering some of the citys best-sized baozi (steamed buns), deep-fried crullers and freshly made sweet soymilk.
Youll sample an intense fermented mung bean milk, a Beijing elixir that elderly locals swear by, and traditional jarred yogurt you can only find within the capitals city limits. After a short coffee break, youll watch a skilled hawker make jianbing (Chinese crepe) to order, then pop into a Chinese brandy shop for a quick tasting and tutorial on the delicious beverage. Finally, youll end on a sweet note with a palate-cleansing almond tofu or tea-flavored ice cream, depending on the season.
Inclusions for Beijing Hutong Breakfast Food Tour
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Guide fee
- Post-tour welcome packet with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Beijing easy & fun
Exclusions for Beijing Hutong Breakfast Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking - advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.