Beijing Private Day Tour To The UNESCO Heritage Site: Ming Tombs Including The Sacred Road Dingling And Changling Tombs
OverviewVisit thesignificant Ming tombs -TheUNESCO World culture Heritage-listed structures accompanied by a knowledgeable guide; The Ming Tombs form the most extensive burial complex of any Chinese dynasty and are one of the finest preserved pieces of 15th century Chinese art and architecture.This tour including the Changling Tomb which was for the Emperor Yongle who move the capital from Nanjing to Beijing in 1420.The Dingling Tomb -the only underground palace which was open to the public. And the Sacred Road which means 'the road leading to heaven'.This is a private tour will not stop at any factories and shops.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourAt around 08:30 am, your English-speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel in Beijing to start the tour to The Ming tombs.
Ming Tombs are 13 royal mausoleum of Emperor Mausoleum in general.They are located in Changping District, about 50 kilometers to the northwest of Beijing.
First you will visit the Sacred Way.A Sacred Way is always found in an imperial cemetery. It was built for Chang Ling, Emperor Zhu Dis tomb, but since the other 12 tombs were also built in this area, the Sacred Way became the main road for all the thirteen tombs. Although they were from one group, each tomb is independent. Your knowledgeable guide will accompany with you to walk along the roadand give insight view of the meaning of each stone statues .The stone statues along the Sacred Way are important decorations of the mausoleum that form a guard of honor. These statues are usually 12 human figures (including the general, civil officials and meritorious officials) and 24 animals.
Then meet your driver again and heading to the Dingling Tomb.
Dingling is the tomb of Emperor Zhu Yijun, the longest ruling period of all the 16 Ming emperors. The construction started when he was only 22, and it took 6 years to finish. It was completed in 1590. After he died, he was buried in Dingling with his two empresses. Your guide will give a detailed stories about the Ming dynasties history and tell the life story of the owner of this tomb.You will be amazed by the complicated burial culture in the Ming Dynasty
Continue to the Changling Tomb.Changling is the tomb of emperor Yongle (reigned 1403-1424), the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty whose personal name was Zhu Di,It is the largest and best-preserved of the Ming Tombs and is divided into three stunning courtyards.Most striking is Ling'En Dian, an immense hall in which the interior columns and brackets have been left unpainted, creating an eye-catching contrast with the green ceiling panels.
After this you will have a lunch in the local restaurant in Changping town, then heading back to your hotel in Beijing City.On the way back to your hotel ,if traffic allows you will also drive pass by the Beijing 2008 Olympic stadiums to take photos .
Inclusions for Beijing Private Day Tour To The UNESCO Heritage Site: Ming Tombs Including The Sacred Road Dingling And Changling Tombs
- Bottled water
- Entrance fee to the attractions
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 4th ring road of the Beijing City)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Beijing Private Day Tour To The UNESCO Heritage Site: Ming Tombs Including The Sacred Road Dingling And Changling Tombs
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-9 hours layover tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City
- 4-5 hours layover night tour in Beijing city
- Private Trip to Tianjin from Beijing
- Private Full Day Tour: Terra Cotta Army
- Private Full Day Authentic Local Markets and Spa Tour
- Full Day Private Authentic Beijing Tour
- Private Full Day Tour: Amazing Beijing Highlights
- Private 3 days Celebrity Cruise Tours