Belém Walking Tour In Lisbon Including Skip-the-Line To Monastery Of St Jerome And Belém Tower
OverviewImmerse yourself in Lisbons rich history and culture on this 1.5-hour walking tour of the Belem district. Check off showstopper sights like the UNESCO-listed Belem Tower (Torre de Belem), and discover where the pastel de nata (egg tart pastry), an internationally enjoyed staple of Portuguese cuisine, was invented. Youll also visit the Monument to the Discoveries and receive a combined skip-the-line ticket to the Belem Tower and the magnificent Monastery of St Jerome (Mosteiro dos Jeronimos). Numbers are limited to 14 people to provide a small-group experience.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near the pink Belm National Palace (Palacio de Belm) the official residence of the Portuguese president located at the gate of the historical heart of Belm.
Portugal led the discovery of the new world, during the Age of Discoveries. And it all started here, in Belem. A visit to Belem is very moving, whether you come from Europe or from "the New World".
As you stroll about with your guide, you will find out Portugal's role in world history. And discover the age-old monuments that stand side-by-side with contemporary art galleries and bustling cafs. The sea-wide Tagus river shines nearby.
You will pass the National Coach Museum, one of the worlds most eccentric collections of horse carriages. We will cross Alfonso de Albuquerque Park, to discover the bakery where monks invented Portugal's iconic pastry: pastel de nata.
Next, you will admire the grandiose exterior of the Monastery of St Jerome (Mosteiro dos Jeronimos), the most celebrated sample of Portugal's architecture.
Your guide will show you the Belm Tower (Torre de Belm), proudly standing by the water and protecting Lisbon. You will hear thrilling sea-exploring adventuresbefore you end your tour by the captivating Monument to the Discoveries.
After bidding goodbye to your guide, you will walk up to the monastery and the Belm Tower. With your provided combined ticket, you will skip past the (considerable) entrance lines and head inside on your own to discover its magnificent cloisters, royal graves and the Santa Maria. Alternatively, you may visit the monastery or the tower on another day.
Inclusions for Belém Walking Tour In Lisbon Including Skip-the-Line To Monastery Of St Jerome And Belém Tower
- Local guide
- Skip-the-line ticket to Monastery of St Jerome and Belm Tower
Exclusions for Belém Walking Tour In Lisbon Including Skip-the-Line To Monastery Of St Jerome And Belém Tower
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: Monastery of St Jerome and Belm Tower are closed on Mondays, as well as on January 1, Easter Sunday, May 1, June 13 and December 25.
A minimum of 2 participants applies. In the event of a cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.