Belfast Luxury Shore Excursion: Giant's Causeway And Belfast Day Trip
OverviewYour guide will collect you from Belfast Cruise Terminal and show you the highlights of Northern Ireland, such as the breathtaking Causeway Coast, Dunluce Castle and the capital Belfast, all in one day. Join a journey to the scenic north coast and visit the world famous Giant's Causeway. Finish the day with a panoramic tour of Belfast City.
Know More about this tourDepart Belfast Cruise Ship Terminal at 7:30am or should your ship dock later, 30 minutes after arrival. Your guide will collect you in style in a 16-person luxury minivan. Your tour begins with a scenic drive up through the Glens of Antrim to the North Coast of Ireland.
Scenic North Coast Drive
Enjoy amazing sights as you take a panoramic drive along the North Coast of Antrim, also known as the Causeway Coast. This area is recognized by the Government as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is truly breathtaking with rugged cliffs, sandy beaches and wonderful views of Scotland.
You are allowed ample time at the Giant's Causeway to make your way down to visit this famous World Heritage Site. It is a 20-minute walk from the drop-off point to the amazing Causeway site, but there is a shuttle bus that operates for a small charge, ideal for those not comfortable walking up and down the steep gradient (hill) to the Causeway. The hexagonal basalt rocks really look like they were man-made and this leads the people in Ireland to believe they were carved by Ireland's most famous Giant Warrior: the great Finn MacCoole. There is also a suggestion they may have been formed by Volcanic activity 60 million years ago. There is a charge of 8 payable at the site to visit the new Causeway Visitor Center which has shops, a multimedia show and restaurants.
Photo stop at Dunluce Castle
You will stop for one of the most impressive photo opportunities in Ireland, the magnificent Dunluce Castle. Part of this impressive ruin crumbled into the sea in the 1600's. This castle is connected to the mainland by a bridge and was once the stronghold of the McDonnell clan. The backdrop of the ocean and North Coast make this a really dramatic photo stop!
In the afternoon you return to Belfast City for a panoramic sightseeing tour. You will see the highlights of this vibrant capital city, including City Hall, the River Lagan, Queen's University, St Anne's Cathedral and Prince Albert Memorial Clock. After the panoramic tour, you will have some free time for more sightseeing and shopping if your departure time allows.
Please note: If your ship is leaving earlier than normal the itinerary will be altered as necessary.
Return to your cruise ship
Each tour will be structured to make sure you are back on board in ample time for departure. The service ends back at the dockside after approximately 8 hours on tour. If the boat is leaving earlier the itinerary will be amended as necessary.
Inclusions for Belfast Luxury Shore Excursion: Giant's Causeway And Belfast Day Trip
Transport by air-conditioned 16-person minivan
Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Belfast Luxury Shore Excursion: Giant's Causeway And Belfast Day Trip
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Combination Tour: Game of Thrones Film Locations and Belfast City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Titanic Belfast Entrance Ticket: Titanic Visitor Experience
- Giants Causeway Day Trip from Belfast
- 'Game of Thrones' and Giant's Causeway Tour from Belfast
- Belfast Sightseeing Cruise: Titanic Quarter and River Lagan
- Giants Causeway tour from Belfast